Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

actripxl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2002
Chicago, IL
OS X hangs on the blue screen after trying to load up, already tried the repair permision and repair disk with no change in the results. Would appreciate any ideas on how to fix this problem.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
Sounds like something is corrupt, you might have to reinstall OS X. Try booting from the install DVD, and see if that does any good.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Do you have your HD backed up? You should.
If you have DiskWarrior, try rebuilding your directory.
If that doesn't help, can you run DiskUtility and check your SMART status?
It should read "verified".
If it verifies, you could do an archive/install booting from your System DVD.

Calvinatir

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2003
LA
I've had this happen several times to clients' computers. In each case to solve the problem I just booted holding Shift. THen booted back to reular mode... Seemed to have repaired..

actripxl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2002
Chicago, IL
Thank for the tips sent guys. Looks like its corrupted data and will just have to reinstall everything over.

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
Calvinatir said:
I've had this happen several times to clients' computers. In each case to solve the problem I just booted holding Shift. THen booted back to reular mode... Seemed to have repaired..

Agreed. Also, get thee a copy of DiskWarrior.

giddygid

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2008
Hi,

I accidentally changed the settings for my hard drive to 'No Access' for 'Everyone', and now am faced with a blue screen when I turn my Mac on.

Am rather desperate right now as i have a lot of work undone in my mac. Would really appreciate your help! thanks in advance! :)

sn00pie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
United States
This is happening to me right now guys, I need my MacBook for my project thats due tomorrow and all my info is on the laptop!

I'm going to try and hold C to boot from the CD :(

chrisl1590

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2009
Blue screen error

hey im pretty new to this but i just got a macbook pro and installed the microsoft xp and now when i play Age of conan on micrsoft it will be fine for like an hour then a blue screen will quickly appear and disappear then my comp restarts! its a pain in the ass when im Dling stuff any opinions on what to do?

warrenh4

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2009
I just got the blue screen also. I have had this Mac for less then a month and already problems. Is there a post on here showing how to reinstall OS X?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.