Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
And yet there are stll people around that will deny that Samsung copy Apple until they are blue in the face.. :confused:

EightBitJoe

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2014
I like it...

It feels familiar, comforting, inspiring, and reminds people of Apple.
Congratulations, Samsung.

janderson0719

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2011
Funny how many of you get so... offended by this cheeky, parody of Apple's videos. Samsung is just doing what they always done.

Laugh a little. You'll live longer.

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
At least find some recent stuff.

If we just stay in 2015 territory then the design of the S6 is uncannily similar to the iPhone 6.

tumblr_nkotcwQV0q1r3kdlto1_500.jpg

Beyond that you have the aptly named Samsung Pay (Apple's version is called Apple Pay).

The box and accessory design

samsung-galaxy-s6-unboxing-2-1024x678.jpg

IPhone_6_unboxing.jpg

The fingerprint scanner setup

tumblr_nl5sboWEJ51r3kdlto1_500.png

The stock keyboard

images

image-7.37.05-PM-640x352.jpg

Samsung Wallet

tumblr_mnqd66ZeTD1r3kdlto1_r1_400.jpg

The headphones

tumblr_nkos9aYZcn1r3kdlto1_500.png

And now this wonderful video. Don't forget that's just recently..

kahkityoong

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
If we just stay in 2015 territory then the design of the S6 is uncannily similar to the iPhone 6.

Beyond that you have the aptly named Samsung Pay (Apple's version is called Apple Pay).

The stock keyboard

Samsung Wallet

The headphones

That's gold.

H.Finch

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2013
How shameless can it get? Really?

This should be their marteking slogan:

We are Samsung. We have no taste. No principles. Not one origional thought. We are the ctrl-c company. Sincerely yours.

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place

The stock keyboard

Samsung Wallet

The headphones

Thank you for doing this. My specific point was stop being lazy and bringing up tired meme level info like that dumb "before 2007" pic. Minus the keyboard and headphones, that's a lot of copying. Here's the thing though. I never said Samsung didn't copy. Matter of fact, my first post said they did copy. My overarching point was Samsung copying an Apple ad is not even worth getting worked up over. Especially not to the level that some in this thread have gone to. By Tuesday no one will remember. The only reason I say Tuesday is because MR rarely updates over the weekend so this will still be up Monday.

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010

The stock keyboard

Samsung Wallet

The headphones

I'll give you the phone and the headphones, but the rest... come on, your examples come across as ridiculous as Apple's stupid patents.

The box and accessory design - it's a white box. They don't look identical. Heck the headphone accessory box isn't the same.

The fingerprint scanner: White background. Seriously?

stock keyboard: Again, maybe the color scheme? The keyboard isn't identical either. Samsung includes 0-9 keys, while Apple makes you hold down some keys.

Samsung Wallet: There are a lot of apps that have that design.

Samsung Pay: sure the name is similar, but samsung acquired LoopPay. You could say that Samsung Pay is copying Apple, or maybe they just took out the "Loop" and replaced it with their name.

Wallabe

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2015
This is a fun story to sit at the top of MacRumors all weekend!

Any guesses as to how many comments it will get?

:D

I can only assume the Samsung/Android drones are coming over in a few hours and post their version of the story.

----------

Looks like Sherman and Peabody took somebody back in the Wayback Machine. Did you have to blow dust off the jpeg before posting? At least find some recent stuff.

It may be old but still relevant as ever.

The funny British accent by an American can't even pronounce Aluminium in British correctly. A sad British accent copycat too.

Last edited:

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
Thank you for doing this. My specific point was stop being lazy and bringing up tired meme level info like that dumb "before 2007" pic. Minus the keyboard and headphones, that's a lot of copying. Here's the thing though. I never said Samsung didn't copy. Matter of fact, my first post said they did copy. My overarching point was Samsung copying an Apple ad is not even worth getting worked up over. Especially not to the level that some in this thread have gone to. By Tuesday no one will remember. The only reason I say Tuesday is because MR rarely updates over the weekend so this will still be up Monday.

I do find it funny, but underneath it does anger me that it's so accepted that this just happens.

I hate profiteering using other people's hard work, regardless of whether it's Apple/Samsung. They just happen to be the example that gets talked about a lot, and it's millions upon millions of dollars were talking about, not exactly pocket change - So as funny as the whole thing is shouldn't detract from the sheer disrespect we see coming from Samsung over the whole thing.

Just take a second to think how you would feel if it was your own personal hard work they were copying..

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
How shameless can it get? Really?

This should be their marteking slogan:

We are Samsung. We have no taste. No principles. Not one origional thought. We are the ctrl-c company. Sincerely yours.

Oh please. some Apple fans are just ironic. They swore by Apple's no large screen phone and made fun of Samsung's Note series for its huge size. But the moment Apple threw in the 6+, you readily paid for it because you wanted a larger phone.

But then again, you seem to be praising Apple with your post. Wake up and smell the reality, Apple isn't as innovative as you think. They copied and stole ideas too. They got patents for ridiculous reasons like the shape of a phone. I mean they got a patent on a stair design too!

Geurt

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
For someone who is this blind, I must congratulate you for your errorless typing. Good Job and stay in denial!

I'll give you the phone and the headphones, but the rest... come on, your examples come across as ridiculous as Apple's stupid patents.

The box and accessory design - it's a white box. They don't look identical. Heck the headphone accessory box isn't the same.

stock keyboard: Again, maybe the color scheme? The keyboard isn't identical either. Samsung includes 0-9 keys, while Apple makes you hold down some keys.

Samsung Pay: sure the name is similar, but samsung acquired LoopPay. You could say that Samsung Pay is copying Apple, or maybe they just took out the "Loop" and replaced it with their name.

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008

I never said they were identical - most copies aren't - but with all those examples you can easily see how they've taken Apple's version of something, added minor tweaks and then pushed it out as their own.

It's as blatant as blatant gets I'm afraid.

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
The fact some get so angry over stuff like this is absolutely hilarious. That S6 Edge is downright sexy Lol

ttss6

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2014
California
They should re title it the Samsung NS 6 Edge, since there's apparently No Shame in blatant copying everything from design to marketing and now pronunciation of aluminum

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
I do find it funny, but underneath it does anger me that it's so accepted that this just happens.

I hate profiteering using other people's hard work, regardless of whether it's Apple/Samsung. They just happen to be the example that gets talked about a lot, and it's millions upon millions of dollars were talking about, not exactly pocket change - So as funny as the whole thing is shouldn't detract from the sheer disrespect we see coming from Samsung over the whole thing.

Just take a second to think how you would feel if it was your own personal hard work they were copying..

If it's okay I'll address your last comment first. If it was mine, I would be pissed. But that's hypothetical. The reality is, it's not mine. In reality it's two monstrous companies that make billions of dollars a month. My level of concern for either company rises just a little bit above their concern for me. Reading that, it may sound a little cynical but it's not. I just don't get worked up over companies. I own products from them both. I like them equally; which is to say I like some of their products.

If I was to humanize them, it would be as bullies; but different types of bullies. Samsung would the type that cheats off your paper. They'd make a copy and sell it to other kids. Daring you to do something about it. Apple would be the type to see kids playing with a baseball and take it so no one else could play with it. Then they'd come out the next day with their name on the ball and charge you to play. They would change the name of the ball to spheroid and make you think it was theirs all along.

As for profiteering, unfortunately, it's the way large companies work. If you can find a large company that doesn't...

Anywho, I don't begrudge Apple fans their outrage. People have passions. I do as well. Tech companies just aren't one them.

StoneJack

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2009

The stock keyboard

Samsung Wallet

The headphones

Hilarious. Samsung is seriously saving on its designers. Profits so much down, I know.

elmateo487

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
This thread is filled with so much ******** it deserves a hashtag.
#soeffenwhat

It's an ad, not an affront to someone personal sensibilities. Sweet Jeebus people. It's not like they're clubbing baby seals with spiked baseball bats.:rolleyes:

They finally started focusing on aesthetics with their flagship devices. They wanted to present it in the best light. Who does "best light" better than Apple? Of course they were going to emulate the style of Apple's ads.

Their ads aren't for Apple people so it really shouldn't matter. Their ads are made to convince Android buyers to get Samsung instead of HTC, LG, Motorola. You know, the companies they actually compete against.

You should work for Samsung

elmateo487

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008

Lol? Do you work for Samsung? All of those things Are very VERY obvious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.