Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corwintheking

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
My roommate accidentaly deleted some of my applications. I reinstalled most of them easily (like adium, camino, etc...) but I faced some problems with installing Safari and Ichat. I could find no place to download a Safari version which fits 10.4.4 . I just found 2.0.1 Safari update which says " you can't install 'cos you don't have 10.4.2 installed on that partition". Then I decided to reinstall 10.4.4 update. After reinstalling the update, ichat started to work fine. Safari also again appeared in Applications menu. But it doesn't launch when I try to execute it :( . Is there anyone who knows what can I do about this? I don't have Tiger DVD with me right now ( it's on home right now and I'm at dormitory unfortunately). Anyone who knows a place I can download a Safari version for MacOSX 10.4.4?

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
corwintheking said:
My roommate accidentaly deleted some of my applications. I reinstalled most of them easily (like adium, camino, etc...) but I faced some problems with installing Safari and Ichat. I could find no place to download a Safari version which fits 10.4.4 . I just found 2.0.1 Safari update which says " you can't install 'cos you don't have 10.4.2 installed on that partition". Then I decided to reinstall 10.4.4 update. After reinstalling the update, ichat started to work fine. Safari also again appeared in Applications menu. But it doesn't launch when I try to execute it :( . Is there anyone who knows what can I do about this? I don't have Tiger DVD with me right now ( it's on home right now and I'm at dormitory unfortunately). Anyone who knows a place I can download a Safari version for MacOSX 10.4.4?

I believe that if you insert the OS X install DVD, then you can choose a custom installation and choose to only install Safari, or any app for that matter.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
CoMpX said:
I believe that if you insert the OS X install DVD, then you can choose a custom installation and choose to only install Safari, or any app for that matter.

No, I don't think that can be done..

Google for Pacifist. Then use that to extract the Safari installation package from the installer DVD/CD.

corwintheking

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
The problem is that I don't have the installer DVD with me right now :(. It would take nearly a week for me to get it if they post it to me. Is there nowhere on web I can find the download for safari? right now I'm using camino, but it's nowhere near good as safari :( .

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
I'd FTP you my Safari.app file (and whatever else whas required) but I'm still on Panther, so I don't have version 2. :(

Would something like that work though if you found someone else with version 2?

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
corwintheking said:
The problem is that I don't have the installer DVD with me right now :(. It would take nearly a week for me to get it if they post it to me. Is there nowhere on web I can find the download for safari?.

Don't know if this is a full install or an update (like it says):

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/safari.html

Otherwise, no, there's no way I'd trust a random download of Safari (excapt maybe from Shard :))

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Then you need to borrow someone's installer or wait until you get your own or take your chances on a random download that you find.

corwintheking

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
~Shard~ said:
I'd FTP you my Safari.app file (and whatever else whas required) but I'm still on Panther, so I don't have version 2. :(

Would something like that work though if you found someone else with version 2?

thanks for your answer shard :). yeah, maybe that would work. But unfortunately I don't know anyone at dormitory who uses a mac (not many people know even "what is a mac" here ). So before I try it, I need to find someone who use 10.4.4? ;)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
corwintheking said:
thanks for your answer shard :). yeah, maybe that would work. But unfortunately I don't know anyone at dormitory who uses a mac (not many people know even "what is a mac" here ). So before I try it, I need to find someone who use 10.4.4? ;)

Surely someone here has it and could host it/FTP it to you... anyone?.... anyone?.... Buhler?.....

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
corwintheking said:
I solved the problem. :) thanks to yellow.

I'm glad someone here was able to help you out - I didn't think it would be that difficult to get you a copy. ;)

Good work yellow, the check's in the mail... :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.