Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JasonGough

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
Manchester, UK
I've just moved house, and i'd love to be able to watch the video i have on my Mac on the TV in the living room.

Is there any hardware / connections that will alow me to get quicktime videos up on my TV?

Please help me out!

JasonGough

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
Manchester, UK
sorry, should have said..

its a fairly old TV, so just Scart & those little yellow Video leads you get.

Idealy, i'd like to be able to use FrontRow to select my videos rather than the horrible interfaces i've seen on some PCtoTV devices...

I can use somthing like KeySpan to control FrontRow from a different room, so i'd like a simple graphics connection converter rather than an entire interface...

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
I think that can get potentially hairy.

First you'd need a DVI-VGA adapter which probably came with your machine.
Then there is also a VGA - component convertor which does costs quite a pretty penny.

That's my take on the problem though, others might have better ideas, good luck.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
Isn't there an adapter from apple, just for the iMacs, iBooks/MacBooks and PowerBooks/MacBook Pros have an adapter that goes into composite video and s-video?

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
try to get an S-video to scart lead, it'll give much better quality, but for now any composite lead will do, even and audio lead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.