Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on this logo and shirt.

I'm helping out a friend. It's for Heels 2 Heaven which is a contemporary christian musical group (I think that's the best way to describe it) that my friend sings for. They're having some sort of t-shirt design contest and she gave me some of her potential designs. They were made in paint, need I say more?

I decided to start from scratch. They've never had a real logo. On past shirts they have abbreviated their name to H2H so that's where I started.

Just for some background, she attends UNC Chapel Hill. If you're not familiar with college basketball, the school colors are sky blue and white, and the school symbol is a tarheel.

What do you guys think?

shirtbackmr.jpg

shirtlogo.jpg

One last thing: These are just drafts, so more technical details like the quality of the logo (I used a tarheel logo she sent me) and the centering on the shirts will be fixed.

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
I like the logo.

Personally, I like the first shirt (upper left) the most -- I'm not particularly fond of the way the logo is "tilted" on the others.

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
Why not use the logo, but on a black shirt? I like shirt design #2 (top right), try putting the logo above the text, and bring it all down a little bit. Try the logo straight up and down too.

Otherwise, it looks quite good.

ChicoWeb

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2004
California
All that text is way to small. The only way you'll be able to read the text is if you stood right in that persons face. I would work on that, but other then that I'm diggin' your logo.

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Thanks for the quick replies guys! I'm glad to hear that the logo looks good. That was most of my concern.

The shirt has to be brown. Last year's shirt was black and they apparently want want a change. The front of the shirt is just going to have a small logo (maybe 2" high?) on the left side. The back has to have the text UNC Chapel Hill, Heels 2 Heaven, and a bible verse.

Right now the larger text is the UNC-CH and Heels 2 Heaven, and the smaller text is the bible verse. I don't think it needs to be legible from far away... I have a feeling they want it there just for the sake of being there.

The tilted logo was just to make it look different. Different for the sake of being different probably isn't a good idea, so I'll straighten it out.

Thanks again... and keep the comments coming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.