Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
Hi, I'm putting this here because it's not Digital Photography.
Anyway, this is a pic I took with my Minolta SLR camera, and I just wanted to know what people thought about it. (Forgive the quality; bad scanner:rolleyes: )

Attachments

• the EYES have it.jpg
    the EYES have it.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 160

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
mkrishnan said:
I love it. :) Was it available lighting or did you do the lighting?
Thank you!
This was available lighting (at a store, in a mall). Also, it is B+W to begin with, in case in matters, and in real life, the right-hand front mannequin's head is NOT that squished! :eek:
cheers, Mr. B

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It is quite nice. My first camera was the minolta, i ended up with 3 bodies and 7 lenses. Great cameras. It does appear a bit soft which could be the can, the glass, or the focus itself. I do like the photo and the contrast is very nice.
What b/w film are you using? Ever tried fuji acros? It's simply butter.

snap58

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2006
somewhere in kansas
Mr_Brightside_@ said:
Hi, I'm putting this here because it's not Digital Photography.
Anyway, this is a pic I took with my Minolta SLR camera, and I just wanted to know what people thought about it. (Forgive the quality; bad scanner:rolleyes: )

Very nice. Lots put scanned film images onto the Digital Forum, I for one am all for that, seems a large number on it have never even used film and might benefit to see more. I plan to put on some of my old B&W, all T max film.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
jessica. said:
It is quite nice. My first camera was the minolta, i ended up with 3 bodies and 7 lenses. Great cameras. It does appear a bit soft which could be the can, the glass, or the focus itself. I do like the photo and the contrast is very nice.
What b/w film are you using? Ever tried fuji acros? It's simply butter.
This was TMAX 400, like snap58.
sorry for putting this in Graphics.. but I figured, people might get made if I DID put it under 'Digital' sooo... my next will go there! :eek:
cheers

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
snap58 said:
Very nice. Lots put scanned film images onto the Digital Forum, I for one am all for that, seems a large number on it have never even used film and might benefit to see more. I plan to put on some of my old B&W, all T max film.

I am also planning on it. Have been going through some of my 8X10 prints and am going to scan them soon (when I get a better scanner). Maybe we should start a thread for scanned-film-b&w-photographs :)
I use Ilford film and paper by the way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.