Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reubs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
I've recently added a new podcast to my subscription...this is the first video podcast I've used...and when I sync up I can't get the video podcast to sync to the iPod. Instead I get the message I posted in the title line. Has anyone had this problem before?

Just FYI, the podcast in question is "Vaudecast: Voice of the City".

Thanks for any info.

SBik2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2006
/private/var/root
I've recently added a new podcast to my subscription...this is the first video podcast I've used...and when I sync up I can't get the video podcast to sync to the iPod. Instead I get the message I posted in the title line. Has anyone had this problem before?

Just FYI, the podcast in question is "Vaudecast: Voice of the City".

Thanks for any info.

You are using an ipod with video right?

lozanoj83

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2006
Southern California
It can probably just mean that the Video format is not compatible with iTunes
an example of this is MacBreak.. they have many formats (720p, HD, etc) but they also have an iPod format that is iPod compatible...
look to see if the podcast you subscribed too has an iPod version

weldon

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2004
Denver, CO
I have this same problem with a video podcast that I subscribed called "Infinite Thinking Machine" about K-12 education. Every time I sync I get a message about 7 items that weren't copied because they aren't compatible with my iPod (I have the latest 5.5G video iPod). The videos play fine on iTunes, of course.

The error message is really annoying - I've thought about recoding the videos manually. It makes me want to unsubscribe from the podcast because they weren't paying attention by putting something on the iTunes Store that is incompatible with iPods.

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
I have the same problem with one video in a subscription of several videos, the rest of which play fine. I have even used the dropdown menu "convert video for ipod" (or whatever it is, not at the mac right now) and it still won't go onto ipod. Looks like it converted, but still won't go to ipod. Hmmmm.

ky0t3

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2007
I've had that problem (message) on occasion with videos that I've converted myself (properly). I think itunes can be a bit finicky, because I just try to drag and drop the same file repeatedly until it finally accepts it. It's a bit annoying sometimes, but works. Don't know if this will help you if you're syncing vs. drag and drop though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.