Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tramp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2006
SO! I am a fairly new Mac user. I love my MacBook v. v. much, I got both it an my iPod Nano wayyy back in mid-December.

The first iPod didn't work. Wouldn't sync, computer wouldn't recognize it. Sent it back. Got a second one. Same problem, which was flat-out weird, so I wait on sending it back until I could take it to the certified Apple repair place downtown to get it check out. Still not working, even with different USB cables and on different computers.

Sent it back.

Got my new one today.

DKHXDKHCFKLGJKLXFNKLJNFDFJGB, WHAT THE **** APPLE

even the guy on the phone was like, "This is ****ing weird."

so basically I am pissed off, my mom is even more pissed off and that is NOT FUN because I am getting yelled at for not bitching out the Apple customer service people, and yes.

I just want a ****ing mp3 player so that when I'm on campus I can avoid people and pretend I can't hear them! oh and to listen to music of course

this is ****ing insaneeee ):

(they think, by the way, that the USB cord is... somehow shorting out the iPod? doesn't exactly make sense but oh well)

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
That is really wierd, itll work out eventually. Bring you laptop into an apple stoer and try them out there, they will let you, and once one work leave with your new WORKING ipod, sorry. Hope it gets resolved soon

Tramp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2006
My USB ports work perfectly, I've tried the iPods on other computers using other USB drives, I've updated my software, ANNNDD if it was just my computer, they wouldn't have replaced the iPods in the first place.

):

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
SO! I am a fairly new Mac user. I love my MacBook v. v. much, I got both it an my iPod Nano wayyy back in mid-December.

The first iPod didn't work. Wouldn't sync, computer wouldn't recognize it. Sent it back. Got a second one. Same problem, which was flat-out weird, so I wait on sending it back until I could take it to the certified Apple repair place downtown to get it check out. Still not working, even with different USB cables and on different computers.

Sent it back.

Got my new one today.

DKHXDKHCFKLGJKLXFNKLJNFDFJGB, WHAT THE **** APPLE

even the guy on the phone was like, "This is ****ing weird."

so basically I am pissed off, my mom is even more pissed off and that is NOT FUN because I am getting yelled at for not bitching out the Apple customer service people, and yes.

I just want a ****ing mp3 player so that when I'm on campus I can avoid people and pretend I can't hear them! oh and to listen to music of course

this is ****ing insaneeee ):

(they think, by the way, that the USB cord is... somehow shorting out the iPod? doesn't exactly make sense but oh well)

Yeah, because shouting at the customer service people really makes a difference.

1. They didn't build your device.
2. They're there to help you.

It's like when people yell at a waiter when a steak comes out not cooked how they ordered it - 99% of the time the kitchen stuffed up but for some reason the customers think the waiter personally cooked the food.

Don't yell at the service folk - you'll get better results and keep your hair into later life if you de-stress and just listen to what they're saying.

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
My USB ports work perfectly, I've tried the iPods on other computers using other USB drives, I've updated my software, ANNNDD if it was just my computer, they wouldn't have replaced the iPods in the first place.
Wait, so you tried the iPods on other computers? Did they or didn't they work? If they only don't work on your computer, then it's pretty clearly an issue with that and NOT the iPods.

MacAnkka

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2006
Finland
Wait, so you tried the iPods on other computers? Did they or didn't they work? If they only don't work on your computer, then it's pretty clearly an issue with that and NOT the iPods.
Granted, I'm not the topic creator, but guessing by what he said in his first post:
Still not working, even with different USB cables and on different computers.
I'd say the iPod didn't work on other computers either.

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
Makes me think something on the computer is frying the iPods??? Maybe exchange the iPod at the store- try it before you take it home- then if it doesn['t work I would look at the Macbook for the issue.

I have never heard of this sort of luck- wait- check that- I remember reading more than one post on the boards that has this happen to people on their computers where they get one DOA and then a second one...maybe you have some bad karma going on- or Mars is in retrograde right now???

Good luck figuring it out.

Tramp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2006
Yeah, because shouting at the customer service people really makes a difference.

It's like when people yell at a waiter when a steak comes out not cooked how they ordered it - 99% of the time the kitchen stuffed up but for some reason the customers think the waiter personally cooked the food.

Don't yell at the service folk - you'll get better results and keep your hair into later life if you de-stress and just listen to what they're saying.

Yeah, where did I say I was yelling at the customer service people? I even said that my mother was yelling at me for not doing that.

Reading. You should try it.

Tramp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2006
Makes me think something on the computer is frying the iPods??? Maybe exchange the iPod at the store- try it before you take it home- then if it doesn['t work I would look at the Macbook for the issue.

I have never heard of this sort of luck- wait- check that- I remember reading more than one post on the boards that has this happen to people on their computers where they get one DOA and then a second one...maybe you have some bad karma going on- or Mars is in retrograde right now???

Good luck figuring it out.

The closest Apple store is about five hours away. ): I don't think it's the MacBook, but if it is I will have to cut a bitch, 'coz I've just finished transferring all my stuff over and have no desire to do it again.

Twice, I can understand. Three times is something seriously wrong. MAYBE IT IS the USB cord... though honestly that doesn't make much sense.

Maybe Steve Jobs heard me making fun of his turtlenecks. OH SHI-

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
Woops, my mistake- I thought I read where there was an apple store near you- was another poster suggesting it.

Yeah, I have no idea...must be the turtlnecks- I sure hope he has more than one cause it must be pretty stinky by now wearing it so much.

Allstermac

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2007

Amen!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.