Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
So I just downloaded sendsong.app for the iPhone and everything seems to work but the "send to ringtones" button. I press it, hear a "ding" so I think it worked, but I go to settings->sounds->ringtone and its not in there. Any suggestions?

FIXED: Install BSD Subsystem and then it seems to work. :)

CADer

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2007
I would love to give this a try to help out i just am unsure on how installing the installer will affect my phone in the future? Will i still be able to upgrade when apple updates the iphone and can i safely restore to factory settings? :apple:

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
I would love to give this a try to help out i just am unsure on how installing the installer will affect my phone in the future? Will i still be able to upgrade when apple updates the iphone and can i safely restore to factory settings? :apple:

Works fine for me. Steps to upgrade:

1. Sync with iTunes.
2. Restore (this will install the new firmware).
3. Start your hacks all over again. :D

gunitsold1er

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2007
Yeah the same thing happened to me, but i restarted the phone and i was playing around with it and all of a sudden it started to work... might be the song name or size but it worked after a while..

MacHappy2

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2007
Yes, I was having the same problem of song not appearing in ringtones. Install BSD Subsystem and then it will work! At least that solved my problems.

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2007
Not working for me. Not even a ding. Mine just freezes with the Send to Ringtones button hightlighted blue from tapping it and stays there. Bleh.

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California
Doesnt that only work with a PC?

iphone has been out just about 2 months now and still no way to do ringtones as easily as that pc version. what's up with that? no i don't want to jailbreak or run vista just to get a ringtone. It says available for mac soon but I guess it's still too soon?

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
iphone has been out just about 2 months now and still no way to do ringtones as easily as that pc version. what's up with that? no i don't want to jailbreak or run vista just to get a ringtone. It says available for mac soon but I guess it's still too soon?

It's pretty easy for me. :rolleyes:

I click the Cyberduck icon in my Dock, and then I drag MP3s to the /Ringtones folder.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
Same here, I cant think of anything easier.

Ya unless your like me and for some reason cant get cyberduck to connect :( My wifi on my phone has always been screwed up but I think its my actual network and not the phone. I dont have enough experience to screw around with network settings to have an idea of what Im doing. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.