Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple released a number of updates to their iWork '08 suite including:

Numbers 1.0.1
This update primarily addresses issues with tables and performance.

Pages 3.0.1
This update primarily addresses issues with change tracking and performance.

Keynote 4.0.1
This update primarily addresses issues with builds and performance.

Article Link

Retired
May 16, 2006
Downloading now...hopefully this will make Pages as quick to start as '06 was :)

dr_lha

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
Hope this makes Numbers a lot quicker. Its much slower than Excel running under Rosetta right now, which boggles the mind.

Hairball

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2007
Near an Apple device
I hope it does more than just make numbers run quicker. What about all of the other issues (lack of Excel features) people have been complaining about?

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
Apple really have been busy. Four updates in one day?

Maybe they have been actively hiring to get all this out.

Either that or they are working super hard.

I hope they all get plenty of time off soon to recover.

J

jmadlena

The updates haven't appeared in Software Update for me yet. I have iWork '08 on a MacBook Pro. Did the appear in SU for you guys?

Wingsy

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2007
1.0.1 and you want what?

I hope it does more than just make numbers run quicker. What about all of the other issues (lack of Excel features) people have been complaining about?

An update that just bumps the 3rd significant digit is not likely to contain any significant new features.

aapl.jlo

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2007
Wyoming, MI
Ya can't go wrong with the new iWork-I love it!

I don't understand why people haven't heard of it outside of the Apple community (Must be too hard headed to listen to anything new in the computer world-especially anything Apple)

Darkroom

Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
this is the first year i started using Pages (because my MS Word 2004 because super crashtastic and painfully slow)... it's a really great app, i probably won't go back to word...

it just seems there is some issue with start up... its not very snappy... i read somewhere that the reason is because pages is written in carbon and not cocoa... im curious why apple wrote pages in carbon and not cocoa, and why they don't translate it...

Peel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Seattle
Hmm...with this update and yesterday's iLife updates, I wonder if Apple isn't just getting all their ducks in a row so that everything's ready for the Leopard release. I'm dying to find out if either of these suites take advantage of CoreAnimation under Leopard.

RRK

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2007
USA/Ohio/Columbus
Hmm...with this update and yesterday's iLife updates, I wonder if Apple isn't just getting all their ducks in a row so that everything's ready for the Leopard release. I'm dying to find out if either of these suites take advantage of CoreAnimation under Leopard.

...or getting the apps ready for 10.4.11 which will get the OS ready for upgrade to 10.5.

koko64

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2007
Numbers speed-up

I'm running Numbers on a 500Mhz G4 PowerMac and the performance in Numbers has most certainly increased.

When tabbing from one cell to another, there always used to be a second or less delay before it moved to the next field. I put it down to using such an old machine, but the new update has got rid of this delay and Numbers feels far snappier now.

:)

BTW

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007
lots of updates lately :)

now hopefully next we'll see 10.4.11 and a leopard release date ;)

Yep, definitely another indication that Leopard is going GM soon. The firmware updates give it away. We'll see Leopard go GM by Tuesday I'm sure. :)

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Pages '06 was very snappy to start up, hopefully there will be a patch to speed it up...

I don't think there will be any more updates for Pages '06. ;)

Numbers '08 is less laggy and opens files more quickly and Pages '08 starts more quickly. They're good gains but obviously not spectacular. Hopefully, there will be more to come after the first of the year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.