Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ejrizo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Does anyone know how much it would cost to get my screen replaced on my iphone?

i fell on it this weekend and it shattered... im having horrible luck with my iphone first i lost it last weekend and got a new one on monday and now i get the screen shattered...

if i get it fixed do they just exchange it for a new one or do i have to wait til its fixed to have a phone?

hopefully it isnt too expensive... anyone with any experience in this?

thank you.

p.s. the phone still works... even with a shattered screen everything works... but it looks and feels horrible...

~Phi

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
chicago
"Does anyone know how much it would cost to get my screen replaced on my iphone?"

I think its $249 to get the screen replaced.

"i fell on it this weekend and it shattered... im having horrible luck with my iphone first i lost it last weekend "

Been drinking a little on the weekends?
:D

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
wow, im so rough on my phones... but man, that takes the cake... did you fall on concrete? I cant really image a scenario outside of that which would cause these effects

Arisian

ejrizo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Los Angeles
wow, im so rough on my phones... but man, that takes the cake... did you fall on concrete? I cant really image a scenario outside of that which would cause these effects

Arisian

yeah i was at a halloween party and had on a duff man costume and was wearing Big Boots

chinese_rain_boots.jpg

something like those (very not cool to be walking on) and i hit a pot hole (uneven concrete) and took a fall on my right side where my phone was at... this concrete was very rocky and broken apart...

kdarling

macrumors P6
As someone else said, it's $250 (for the 8GB, less for 4GB) and they send it off (probably to be scavenged for circuit boards), and then send back most likely a refurb phone.

The $250 applies to anything from "fixing" a broken button, to a burned up unit.

Basically, Apple is charging you the cost of the phone plus a little more. You're simply buying a replacement at below wholesale.

If you're really handy, places on the web sell the LCD/touch/glass combo for a little less.

If you're really cheap, places on the web explain replacing the glass with some plexiglass for about $5, assuming you're handy with a Dremel.

yaroldb

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
If you are handy, you can get a screen here for $119.99 There is also a video on how to open it on the bottom of that link.

Sorry to hear about the broken screen, good luck with the replacement.

Yarold

Di9it8

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2006
Does anyone know how much it would cost to get my screen replaced on my iphone?

i fell on it this weekend and it shattered... im having horrible luck with my iphone first i lost it last weekend and got a new one on monday and now i get the screen shattered...

if i get it fixed do they just exchange it for a new one or do i have to wait til its fixed to have a phone?
Dont you have insurance?
It should come under accidental damage.
Did you purchase with a credit card, then you might be able to claim on the CC insurance?
Good luck

ejrizo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Dont you have insurance?
It should come under accidental damage.
Did you purchase with a credit card, then you might be able to claim on the CC insurance?
Good luck

purchased with a Debit/Mastercard from my credit union... no insurance... hopefully the apple genius has sympathy for me and my one week old phone :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.