Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjskoog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Sweden/Germany
Hi!
I've received an e-mail from apple stating that they've shipped my touch.
When I try to track it via UPS tracking site I just get following info:
Tracking Detail | Help Help

Billing information has been sent to UPS. Check site later for updated shipment status or contact shipper for more details.

Tracking Number: 1Z W79 F14 04 XXX 294 6
Type: Package
Shipped To: KARLSRUHE, DE
Shipped/Billed On: 29/10/2007
Service: UPS SAVER
Weight: .30 Kg
Tracking results provided by UPS: 29/10/2007 16:44 ET

So my question is: where is it? how do I manage to see where it is?
I'll try to call UPS Germany tomorrow, but my german isn't so good so we'll see how that goes...

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
This means that UPS has received information about the shipment from Apple but doesn't necessarily have the iPod yet. Within a couple days, you should have more information and be able to track it.

That being said, I'd resist the temptation to refresh the page every 30 seconds and maybe just check it once or twice a day if you so choose (usually your status doesn't change all that much anyway--it just tells you when it's arrived and when it's left various sorting facilities, it's not like a GPS tracker or anything) .... and just have patience, knowing that it will arrive. :)

nereidsbeware

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2006
Toronto

That being said, I'd resist the temptation to refresh the page every 30 seconds and maybe just check it once or twice a day if you so choose (usually your status doesn't change all that much anyway--it just tells you when it's arrived and when it's left various sorting facilities, it's not like a GPS tracker or anything) .... and just have patience, knowing that it will arrive. :)

haha, that's what i did. i couldn't resist.
and up until 1PM today, it was on time and supposedly being delivered today, but only to suddenly change to "AN INCORRECT ROUTING AT A UPS FACILITY CAUSED THIS DELAY". SWEET.

cjskoog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Sweden/Germany
yeah, I know.
the thing is that apple has estimated wednesday as delivery date and I want to know if I can expect it then and therefore be at home...

nereidsbeware

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2006
Toronto
if there are no unexpected run-ins, like the one my iPod is experiencing, then you can expect it to be there on wednesday.

i should've seen it coming though, because since saturday, it's been in a completely different province, which made no sense.

good luck with getting yours on wednesday! let's hope UPS doesn't mess up again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.