Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
im interested to know if anyone with a MacBook Pro core duo or newer sometimes has a slight electrical noise near the magsafe plug when charging. is there a fix? It also has a screen buzz noise after waking when the display has been off for a while. I probably should have sent it in for repairs but i never got around to it and my warranty is over :(

LondonGooner

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
id check to see how hot the thing was if i was you. ^ mine was a genuine fire hazard and im lucky i realised what was happening.

khunsanook

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2006
East Asia
Mine's been buzzing since day one. No problems until now that the springs in the little gold prongs are shot so it makes a bad connection. Time for a dreaded visit to the Thai Apple shop where I have to BEG to have anything replaced.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
well ive never had problems with the magsafe. the cord and magsafe are not hot at all. the power brick is just a little warm and i pretty much always have it plugged into my MacBook Pro. hopefully i dont have any melting problems.

does anyone know if the buzz sound is related to the mac or the magsafe + power brick. if a buy a new adapter will the buzz sound go away? its pretty annoying in a quiet environment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.