Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coffeedrinker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2007
I did something really stupid...my iphone dropped "head first" into my cup of coffee. There was barely 1/2 inch of coffee in the cup and I pulled it out immediately. Now I can't get it to turn on and I have tried everything. Any suggestions. I live in a town where the closest Apple store is 1 1/2 hours away:(:confused:

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
which end dropped ... theres a water sensor in the headphone port... and going to an apple store won't help because you voided the warranty when you got it wet ...

I would open it up and put it under a fan for a day or two ... maybe even put it in a bag with some rice ... when it drys out it should be fine...

unity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
Green Bay, WI
Whatever you do, dont try to turn it on? I mean, thats just stupid - lets see, its wet so lets app some power.

As suggested, place in a bag of rice or something to absorb the water, keep the wet end pointed down so it does not fall down to the rest of the electronics.

Wait a couple days and THEN turn it on. If it does not, you may try charging it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.