Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stvejonesiguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Hi guys,

I updated my iphone version. 1.0.2 to a 1.1.1 and attempted a jailbreak.... my phone entered revovery mode then then loaded as normal but now it begins to load then the little loading icon appears at the bottom the who screen flashes then the phone restarts and does the same process over and over again... untill you hold the power + home button it turns off completely...

I would like to know if it is possible to either:

Load the phone in recovery mode once more and atempt to restore it then boot as normal later.

OR

If i should leave it to drain the battery then place it on charge to see what happens?

OR

Any other useful suggestion would be welcome

Steve

I really do need this help as I have a presentation to give on iphone to the company I work for, and my main point was its UI and Usability which ovbiously i cannot give unless i can get this working by friday...

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Hi guys,

I updated my iphone version. 1.0.2 to a 1.1.1 and attempted a jailbreak.... my phone entered revovery mode then then loaded as normal but now it begins to load then the little loading icon appears at the bottom the who screen flashes then the phone restarts and does the same process over and over again... untill you hold the power + home button it turns off completely...

I would like to know if it is possible to either:

Load the phone in recovery mode once more and atempt to restore it then boot as normal later.

OR

If i should leave it to drain the battery then place it on charge to see what happens?

OR

Any other useful suggestion would be welcome

Steve

I really do need this help as I have a presentation to give on iphone to the company I work for, and my main point was its UI and Usability which ovbiously i cannot give unless i can get this working by friday...

Restore it back to 1.1.1 using iTunes. That should erase and restore any error or mistake the iPhone commited while updating.

stvejonesiguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Seems to be going ok

Hey...

I tried doing a restore through itunes and to no luck "unknown error(1)"
however i tried ibrickr and asked it to downgrade my firmware back to 1.0.2... at least ill know it will be in a good working state - how wrong could I be... it seems its downgrade but the flashing and not starting issue is still here : ( - I dont want to jynx myself but could this mean my phone may well be Br*cked??

Steve

btw thank you for replying so quickly ;)

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
Ok first of all, you are not supposed to downgrade back to 1.0.2.

Here are some simple steps to follow:

1. Restart your Computer and if possible your iPhone

2. Connect iPhone to iTunes.

3. Restore using iTunes back to 1.1.1.

4. That should about do it.

== If trouble still spurs just post and I'll give more help ==

iPhone modding is not for the faint of heart
:apple:iPhone 8GB - $399
:apple:Mac Book Pro - $2199
:apple:iPod 4th G - $299
:apple:No more fatal error or blue screen of Death - Priceless

stvejonesiguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
All Is Well - Ish

HI,

So my screen problem is gone now, my phone will boot in 1.0.2 however i want to be on at least version 1.1.1 - as anything decent for iPhone you will need that firmware at least or the most up to date... so is it now ok for me to upgrade to 1.1.1 and then possbily to 1.1.2 as i know that in order to get to a jail broken 1.1.2 a method needs you to have installed OkToPrep on 1.1.1 before hand... the main thing is the phone is working... surely?

Steve

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
HI,

So my screen problem is gone now, my phone will boot in 1.0.2 however i want to be on at least version 1.1.1 - as anything decent for iPhone you will need that firmware at least or the most up to date... so is it now ok for me to upgrade to 1.1.1 and then possbily to 1.1.2 as i know that in order to get to a jail broken 1.1.2 a method needs you to have installed OkToPrep on 1.1.1 before hand... the main thing is the phone is working... surely?

Steve

Ok, if you want to go to 1.1.1 just update using the 1.1.1.ipsw. Then in 1.1.1 just go in your iPhone to http://www.jailbreakme.com. Follow instructios in that page and off you go to a 1.1.1 jailbroken phone.

iPhone modding is not for the faint of heart
:apple:iPhone 8GB - $399
:apple:Mac Book Pro - $2199
:apple:iPod 4th G - $299
:apple:No more fatal error or blue screen of Death - Priceless

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
I went to 1.1.2 and wish I had stayed at 1.1.1 but now I can't go back with AT&T activated SIM.

hernanr

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2008
You can use anysim 1.2.1u to unlock 1.1.2 if you have the old botloader (if your phone was originaly shipped with a 1.1.1 or less firmware you are lucky)

First you have to run Oktoprep while in 1.1.1

stvejonesiguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Help... Again...

Ok so my phoen now works, however it will not unlock through anySIM. it says firmware already patched but the phone wont accept he SIM card, so i was wondering if it is indeed possible to solve this.

specs:

Version: 1.0.2 (1C28)
Model: MA712
Modem Firmware: 04.02.13_G

----------------------------------------

So any help wud be welcome.. ;P

Steve

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
specs:

Version: 1.0.2 (1C28)
Model: MA712
Modem Firmware: 04.02.13_G

----------------------------------------

So any help wud be welcome.. ;P

Steve

Ok first of all, you no longer have 1.0.2 installed as your firmware in your iPhone. Your firmware is now 1.1.1, hence the Modem Firmware being 04.02.13_G. For it to be a true 1.0.2 it has to say 03.14.08_G.

So what you have to do now is update back to 1.1.1 but in a carefull way. You have to Virginize your iPhone's BaseBand then update.

Once that is done you should have a fully working 1.1.1

stvejonesiguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Ok first of all, you no longer have 1.0.2 installed as your firmware in your iPhone. Your firmware is now 1.1.1, hence the Modem Firmware being 04.02.13_G. For it to be a true 1.0.2 it has to say 03.14.08_G.

So what you have to do now is update back to 1.1.1 but in a carefull way. You have to Virginize your iPhone's BaseBand then update.

Once that is done you should have a fully working 1.1.1

Ok... my phone does say its a 1.0.2 though... and it doesn't look like the 1.1.1
however i am willing to trust your help, but how do I verginize my phone because i understand this requires wi-fi which i have, its just my phone isnt too keen on connecting to it and hence i cant tell the software its ip address. I would of used iDemocracy for this... please advise of a better way.

Steve

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
As I understood it I have to restore to 1.0.2 to even use anySim. I restored to 1.1.1 got error 1614 then restored to 1.0.2 and immediately got error (1) and my phone goes into DFU mode I was able only to restore back to 1.1.2 to get it working. I have a June 29 iPhone.

stvejonesiguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Frustration

As I understood it I have to restore to 1.0.2 to even use anySim. I restored to 1.1.1 got error 1614 then restored to 1.0.2 and immediately got error (1) and my phone goes into DFU mode I was able only to restore back to 1.1.2 to get it working. I have a June 29 iPhone.

The most annoying thing is my modem version, i am pretty confident it shouldnt be this, no matter how many times i restore or whatever when using anysim it will always say the firmware is patched and it will exit but the phone itself is not accepting the sim, so this makes me wonder if my phone is bricked... however the phone is in working order ie it will activate but wont take the sim cards... so i dont know what to do or if this can be solved... i would like to know how to downgrade the modem version (baseband) because i know this was fine before i updated orginally...:mad:

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
The most annoying thing is my modem version, i am pretty confident it shouldnt be this, no matter how many times i restore or whatever when using anysim it will always say the firmware is patched and it will exit but the phone itself is not accepting the sim, so this makes me wonder if my phone is bricked... however the phone is in working order ie it will activate but wont take the sim cards... so i dont know what to do or if this can be solved... i would like to know how to downgrade the modem version (baseband) because i know this was fine before i updated orginally...:mad:

Here a set of instructions for you are found in this website:

http://iphone.unlock.no/

However you have to read to see which guide is most useful to you. Trace back your steps and judge which guide is the one you need. This is a *VERY* trusted source.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.