Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeffEngland

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Hi just wondering if anyone else has had their apple tv freeze. I've been using mine for about a month now without any problems, now the entire thing does not work!

I've unplugged the unit multiple times, but everytime it loads it just stays on the navigation, I cannot navigate through the menus! and the remote is not dead because each time I press the remote the light on the apple TV changes from white to red/orange.

It's very annoying and I hope I don't have to bring it back.

Any help would be great
Jeff

Jeff Hall

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2006
Did you call the Apple support line yet? Maybe the have a reset procedure that can be done over the phone.

frankiepdx

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2007
Portland OR
I had the exact same thing happen last night. It happened right after I updated iTunes on one of my streaming Windows computers. I thought that was it until I saw your post. BUT, the unplugging did fix it.

I was watching a TV show that I was streaming and it froze. Then soon after I saw nothing but the navigation menu that just led to black from whichever choice I made. Hope it doesn't happen again because I bought this used with no warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.