Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dsr1205

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
hey i got a iBook and reinstalled the software and replaced the HD to something slightly newer. I did a hardware test and everything is working, just the battery is crap but i don't wanna buy for 100. im ok with ti being plugged in all the time im just wondering, any way to speed it up? i was windering about leopard. i hear it doesnt run well. thanks

Wireless Buddy

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
hey i got a iBook and reinstalled the software and replaced the HD to something slightly newer. I did a hardware test and everything is working, just the battery is crap but i don't wanna buy for 100. im ok with ti being plugged in all the time im just wondering, any way to speed it up? i was windering about leopard. i hear it doesnt run well. thanks

Upgrade to more RAM or downgrade to an older OS X version.

Dsr1205

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Yeah i think ill stay on tiger, maybe get a gig in there making it 1.25. im trying to install firefox right now and it wount mount...any help there?

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
I run Leopard on my G4 iBook with 1.5GB RAM and it's just fine. I also suggest maxing out your RAM. As far as batteries, I bought a new non-Apple branded one from e*ay for about $40... Hope that helps.

Dsr1205

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
I run Leopard on my G4 iBook with 1.5GB RAM and it's just fine. I also suggest maxing out your RAM. As far as batteries, I bought a new non-Apple branded one from e*ay for about $40... Hope that helps.

how did u install 1.5 gb of ram?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.