Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nojokews6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2008
i dont have an iphone but will be getting one on the 11th. is there any programs or even through itunes that i can type my contacts into and then sync when i get the phone?:confused:

Donz0r

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2006
Yeah, you can just use the basic "Address Book" application. I think it's in Start>All Programs>Accessories

then in iTunes under your iPhone, click the "info" tab and sync contacts with Windows Address book, then down at the bottom click "Contacts" for the "replace iPhone information" thing or whatever, it's really easy and straight-forward in iTunes.

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Yeah, you can just use the basic "Address Book" application. I think it's in Start>All Programs>Accessories

then in iTunes under your iPhone, click the "info" tab and sync contacts with Windows Address book, then down at the bottom click "Contacts" for the "replace iPhone information" thing or whatever, it's really easy and straight-forward in iTunes.

I only have windows mail on vista. Is there a quick way to transfer contacts from my current N95 into mail then onto iphone?

nojokews6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2008

this sounds very easy and basic, just what i need. i just want to make sure its def going to sync over before i type in 300+ contacts. i dont have an iphone to test it out with. any easy calander method?

I tried to sync my current ppc with outlook and had zero luck. do i need out look express or regular outlook? i remember having a problem with not being able to create a partnership.

and can i buy the 3g iphone without a contract? J/K i had to throw a noobie question in there..

Thanks in advance.

tritonj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
I only have windows mail on vista. Is there a quick way to transfer contacts from my current N95 into mail then onto iphone?

do you have the nokia software install on your PC? sync your N95 to your PC then you can move the stuff over to an iPhone after

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
do you have the nokia software install on your PC? sync your N95 to your PC then you can move the stuff over to an iPhone after

Cheers boss, have just done that and sync'd to outlook express, I assume I can use this to sync to iphone via itunes?

Just need a ruddy iphone now :rolleyes:

nojokews6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2008
how do you sync from outlook ? my phone keeps asking for a partnership.. how do i do it?

ipodtouchy333

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2007
US
I will be getting my first iPhone on July 11 and was wondering about this also since I am not fortunate enough to have a Mac....yet

hungx

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2012
Davis, CA
When you plug your device into your computer and open iTunes it will bring it up in the initial set-up and ask you what you want to sync with in drop down menus.
If you have already done your initial setup I believe you can specify by clicking your device and in the 2nd tab it shows the email accounts, contacts, calendars, etc that are syncing and you can specify there.
Forgive me, just going off of memory, I don't have iTunes on my main work computer.

You do realize that you're responding to a thread from 2008?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.