Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Sorry, I posted and fell asleep. Thank you for those who remember my 8AM post. AT&T has an internal communications website called iZone... I have read it and I will hopefully have the screen shots posted later this morning/early afternoon (when the store opens at 11AM) with the "in writing" proof.

They are going to be receiving their demos to be put out at 7:30 the 11th.

PS... When I am just going to be able to say something and have you all believe me? LoL!

Define demos - are we talking working 3G iPhone handsets, or just info on tariffs, and posters on what the thing can do?

A picture speaks a thousand posts... I think some might have to wait for Tuesday to believe you ;)

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
Ahh okay, so s8film40 was right. They're just receiving them, not displaying them, which is kinda sorta what you said lol. You never said they were putting them up on display. Reading is fundamental, people!!

Right, they are receiving them to prep for display, which leaves 3 days to play before launch.

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
Define demos - are we talking working 3G iPhone handsets, or just info on tariffs, and posters on what the thing can do?

A picture speaks a thousand posts... I think some might have to wait for Tuesday to believe you ;)

Demo's as in their display units. And when they do believe me, they will only question my next post.

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
I called every AT&T in Detroit, Little Rock and Sacramento and they all denied this.

WPB2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Southeast, LA
An ATT store rep told me that the iphone will arrive just before the release time in an armored truck, how retarded. cmon an armored truck WTF? They arent that great.

ec51

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2008
I heard that Steve Jobs will be at the 5th Avenue store handing out black turtlenecks on the 11th...

daveschroeder

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2003
Madison, WI
I called every AT&T in Detroit, Little Rock and Sacramento and they all denied this.

Sorry, when I posted in the other thread re: the 8AM time, everything I said about the results of my calls was factually correct. I never said the stores were certainly not opening at 8AM, as I have stated numerous times now.

But by all means, keep being immature.

cWeems

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
FLORIDA, USA
i havent heard anything about getting them that early... maybe the evening before or somthing. last year we got them same day, but the later launch time made that possible.

i will bring up one downer for yall maybe, everything thing we have/or have been told says we open at 8am, nothing about the iphone starting to sell at 8am. so we could all jus be opening early to explain stuff, check eligablility, prequalify, and maybe it goes on sale a few hours later once we've recieved shipments?

WPB2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Southeast, LA
i havent heard anything about getting them that early... maybe the evening before or somthing. last year we got them same day, but the later launch time made that possible.

i will bring up one downer for yall maybe, everything thing we have/or have been told says we open at 8am, nothing about the iphone starting to sell at 8am. so we could all jus be opening early to explain stuff, check eligablility, prequalify, and maybe it goes on sale a few hours later once we've recieved shipments?

ATT already put out a statment saying the iphone will go on sale at 8:00am, do if they dont people will be pissed, like me.

daveschroeder

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2003
Madison, WI
find that statement. i cant find anything stating that on our internal websites...

Here is AT&T's media release:

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...BA521-AA6E-4FCF-BE5D-3B731C1C2A2E}&dist=msr_8

The 3G iPhone will go on sale at AT&T retail stores at 8 a.m. local time on July 11.

And AT&T's own official press release:

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=4800&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=25883

AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) today announced iPhone 3G pricing for new and existing AT&T customers, several attractive voice and data plans, and tips on how to be "iReady" when iPhone 3G goes on sale at AT&T retail stores at 8 a.m. local time on Friday, July 11.

Kinda hard to miss.

(And yes, it was only "confirmed" when AT&T dropped its press release. Before that, it was, by definition, a rumor.)

cWeems

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
FLORIDA, USA

xbigman15x

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2008
Wichita, Kansas
AT&T is apparently receiving their store demo devices on Tuesday.

Anyone in really good with a rep who will let them "borrow" it?

Just a hint to posting here on MR or for any place where you claim to break a rumor, post evidence with it. If you have ever taken the time to notice, sites like MR and Apple Insider rarely break stories until the corroborate them with some type of evidence. From you last rumor of the ATT stores opening earlier than normal I would have figured you would have learned your lesson and posted some type of evidence with your OP. It saves you time from having to explain to people that you do have it and it saves the time of the readers who have to remind you that you can't make a claim with out some evidence or source and have it taken seriously. Who knows, maybe you will figure this out by time you get some more information.

On a side note, I will be stopping by on Tuesday to see what is up and if it is true, then good job again.

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
Just a hint to posting here on MR or for any place where you claim to break a rumor, post evidence with it. If you have ever taken the time to notice, sites like MR and Apple Insider rarely break stories until the corroborate them with some type of evidence. From you last rumor of the ATT stores opening earlier than normal I would have figured you would have learned your lesson and posted some type of evidence with your OP. It saves you time from having to explain to people that you do have it and it saves the time of the readers who have to remind you that you can't make a claim with out some evidence or source and have it taken seriously. Who knows, maybe you will figure this out by time you get some more information.

On a side note, I will be stopping by on Tuesday to see what is up and if it is true, then good job again.

I apologize mr. wanna be god of macrumors.

ipodtouchy333

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2007
US
Looks good to me! Thanks Phils for posting this and the 8AM opening time too. You're a pretty good inside source for us!

daveschroeder

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2003
Madison, WI
Looks good to me! Thanks Phils for posting this and the 8AM opening time too. You're a pretty good inside source for us!

Of course, this doesn't really mean anything to folks who aren't AT&T store employees, since the demos won't be available for display or customer use until 8AM July 11. ;-)

(I know, I know, some will say, "But ZOMG, maybe cool stuff will leak!" Perhaps we can have another thread about whether iPhone 3G is secretly concealing a front-facing video camera? Better still: I've heard the iPhone 3G is made *entirely* of video cameras.)

daveschroeder

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2003
Madison, WI
I know... I really don't think I have steered you guys/girls wrong yet.

Actually, now that I think about it, one thing that would be good to know is the iPhone OS 2.0 GM build number, which should be easy enough to see on the demo devices. ;-)

(And no, to anyone who may be thinking this, the demo devices will NOT have a prerelease firmware. The firmware has been finalized since it has to be put on hundreds of thousands of iPhone 3Gs for launch.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.