Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SlapMonkey

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
looks legit to me. so I can go to a store tuesday and play with one???

Did you even bother to read the attachment!? :rolleyes:

One interesting bit of info from looking at that is, the AT&T employees are instructed, on July 11th, to download apps from the App Store onto the demo iPhones BEFORE they open at 8:00AM! That should mean we all should be able to use the app store that early instead of waiting around all day wondering what time the app store will be online. (it also looks like the iTunes update should happen at least by July 10th possibly if they have to tether by then.)

Just some observations...

and thanks PhightinPhils26 for the info!

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
Did you even bother to read the attachment!? :rolleyes:

One interesting bit of info from looking at that is, the AT&T employees are instructed, on July 11th, to download apps from the App Store onto the demo iPhones BEFORE they open at 8:00AM! That should mean we all should be able to use the app store that early instead of waiting around all day wondering what time the app store will be online. (it also looks like the iTunes update should happen at least by July 10th possibly if they have to tether by then.)

Just some observations...

Good pick ups!

cWeems

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
FLORIDA, USA
Here ya go!

and when would they be planning on distributing this?? our store manager hasnt seen it and that info seems like its important, none of our other stores have it either... she also said they dont say things like "not to spoil the excitment" or "special SKUs" lol, its either a sku or its not, whats special and y is that blocked out, nothing anyone can do with it anyways..

edit: not saying you're a liar or it is completely fake, jus weird we dont have it and it is so different from other memos

ipodtouchy333

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2007
US
Just because YOU don't know about it doesn't mean it's not true. Beings that he supplied the info about the stores opening at 8AM, I have no reason not to believe this either. It seems as though he has a good source. Many stores probably don't have the info yet, but many other stores may also have already received it.

SlapMonkey

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
and when would they be planning on distributing this?? our store manager hasnt seen it and that info seems like its important, none of our other stores have it either... she also said they dont say things like "not to spoil the excitment" or "special SKUs" lol, its either a sku or its not, whats special and y is that blocked out, nothing anyone can do with it anyways..

edit: not saying you're a liar or it is completely fake, jus weird we dont have it and it is so different from other memos

Sorry, you've already proven to us that you miss your own company's info earlier.

Further proof of the type of SOME (but not all) AT&T employees we sometimes have to deal with when we call them up asking for info (and they don't know) :rolleyes:

cWeems

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
FLORIDA, USA
Sorry, you've already proven to us that you miss your own company's info earlier.

Further proof of the type of SOME (but not all) AT&T employees we sometimes have to deal with when we call them up asking for info (and they don't know) :rolleyes:

oh hush, if u even knew how many documents/links there were involving this freakin iphone u would go crazy too. that one seems pretty important considering it is only 2 days away and i had to find out on macrumors website!! lol

SlapMonkey

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
oh hush, if u even knew how many documents/links there were involving this freakin iphone u would go crazy too. that one seems pretty important considering it is only 2 days away and i had to find out on macrumors website!! lol

Yah, your probably right. I'm just grumpy this morning. Sorry.

Deadman64

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
cWeems...since your an employee and looks like you might get your hands on one tuesday...maybe you could check it out for us???

ipodtouchy333

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2007
US
cWeems...since your an employee and looks like you might get your hands on one tuesday...maybe you could check it out for us???

Ya, please ?????? Take some pics of the boxes and post them. I wonder if the white one has a white box..........

cWeems

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
FLORIDA, USA
Employees aren't getting them friday... don't they have to wait like 2 months maybe?

i have a consumer account w/ a family plan so it will be like a regular upgrade, ill probably have to get the other people on my plan to come wait in line for me i dont think ill get first dibs lol

yea we can both post some pics, but according to that sheet we might not have those demos actually activate till the night before launch day :( we'll so tho i guess

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
Personally, I would not want to risk my friends job, etc if I did get one, snapped pictures and video, etc. and was discovered.

It will be a few days from release. I know breaking information can be fun (and thank you for the 8am tidbit) but I think the proverbial line crossing might be when you show product ahead of time.

skwoytek

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2005
How many rumors does MR post without a pic or proof. The OP's signature is "This forum deserves a better class of rumor... and I'm gonna give it to em!" When he starts giving inaccurate information then people just won't listen to him. Now that he's two for two, maybe people will.

For now, if PhightinPhils26 states some iPhone3G info, it's good enough for me.

Oh and cWeems, grumpy or not, it's AT&T reps like you who like to "know what they're talking about" and post stuff like:

Only to not be so sure and leave themselves a loophole:

Then later realize they, nor their manager had any idea of what was going on before with their previous statements.

NVM FOUND IT, I RETRACT MY PREVIOUS STATEMENTS PHILS!! [Bolding is emphasis, not all caps.]

hes right.

This is why people have problems with AT&T reps being uninformed. If you don't know, don't act like you do...

i work at at&t so ask me questions before u hate on our company!!

BTW, I'm grumpy this morning too, so I'll say that's my excuse for this post.

SlapMonkey

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
How many rumors does MR post without a pic or proof. The OP's signature is "This forum deserves a better class of rumor... and I'm gonna give it to em!" When he starts giving inaccurate information then people just won't listen to him. Now that he's two for two, maybe people will.

Agreed. PhightinPhils26 is turning out to be a good and reliable source that we can trust, so I for one will listen when he has new bits of info for us.

cWeems

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
FLORIDA, USA

Oh and cWeems, grumpy or not, it's AT&T reps like you who like to "know what they're talking about" and post stuff like:

Only to not be so sure and leave themselves a loophole:

Then later realize they, nor their manager had any idea of what was going on before with their previous statements.

This is why people have problems with AT&T reps being uninformed. If you don't know, don't act like you do...

BTW, I'm grumpy this morning too, so I'll say that's my excuse for this post.

ur getting a little too excited there buddy, im constantly helping people find discounts and figure out their plans on this site, pretty much the only reason im on here... so this one time i made an assumption then realized it, boo hoo.

what does it matter anyway, no one will own one till friday, all this does is keep us occupied till then, o well. :rolleyes:

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
Thanks for the support guys! I would love to report that there is MMS and Copy Paste! But hey... one can dream.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.