Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
The itunes part of the process is down on new phone activations. I have my new phone but can't use it because its still "Bricked"...

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
I went over to my local AT&T store at 9:00...saw a line of 40+ people. Turned my car right around. There is no way I'm going to wait in line for two hours for a damn phone. I'll just get it next week.

Each store by me only had 40 phones...I had to go to two stores the first one already had 40 people in line. They are taking orders, so it maybe longer then a week before you get one...

nospamboz

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2006
Telstra (Australia) iPhone Release Ruined

Unless you already had a Telstra SIM, Telstra was unable to provide
iPhones to customers today because their SIM system was down.
Telstra is Australia's biggest phone company, so thousands of
customers would have been affected (I certainly was). Telstra
hopes to have it fixed tomorrow (Saturday), but admits it may not be
until Monday.

Whirlpool threads have the details.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-threads.cfm?f=123&g=131

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
AT&T store in Woodbridge NJ is officially sold out.

Oh - and they were turning away existing AT&T customers. Only new activations allowed. The actually offered the option of adding a new line, and returning the phone & cancelling the line on Monday - and buying the phone back. For a small restocking fee, of course.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Sold out in Ireland. Black selling better.

Tried several O2/Carphone Warehouse stores here in Cork, all were sold out (the last one in one shop sold to the guy who just walked in ahead of me!) by noon - and at each store I went to there were others asking. Looks like demand is high.

Joined waiting lists on a couple of stores - hedging my bets. I asked how long the waiting list was and was told it was substantial. But when I asked for a 16GB white he said it was the first request they'd had, so I should get it in the next shipment.

Weird, I thought the white would be the best seller.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
I was in the store (US - Long Island) for the past two hours...now I have two 3g iPhones (unactivated) and two old iphones that don't work, and iTunes says no iPhone activations can occur at this time. I am not happy.

Moonlight

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2002
Los Angeles
Why didn't they make the front white, too?

WhiteiPhone.jpg

Wow, now I would Definitely upgrade my 1st gen iphone for that !!!

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
Right, got that video for ya, loads and loads of demo iPhone 3Gs in the Bluewater Apple Store! Comparison of the black and white models, too, I believe someone requested that.

Here ya go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrT4hA8iCfE

There is also a £30 a month tariff and a £35 a month tariff here in the UK... Why? For the £30 tariff you get 75 minutes and 125 texts but for the £35 you get 700 minutes and 500 texts! Why the **** would anyone pay £5 less and loose over 500 minutes and 300 texts?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.