Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jableskg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Just got my new iPhone..

I can't drop and drag songs from my music library onto my iPhone for some reason.. Is there a way for iTunes to re-authorize my iPhone to be the default phone??

I think this problem is happening because my friend used my computer last month with his iPhone, and transferred some music from my library. Could that be the case and if so what are my options?

stevehp

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
It's not a house, it's a home.
Just got my new iPhone..

I can't drop and drag songs from my music library onto my iPhone for some reason.. Is there a way for iTunes to re-authorize my iPhone to be the default phone??

I think this problem is happening because my friend used my computer last month with his iPhone, and transferred some music from my library. Could that be the case and if so what are my options?

you need to sync playlists or your entire library...You cant drag and drop a la iPod

hoffmant

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2008
I can drag my music to the phone just like my iPods. Just check the "Manually manage music and videos" box under the "Summary" tab for your phone in iTunes first.

jazzguitar

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2008
you need to sync playlists or your entire library...You cant drag and drop a la iPod

Nope. I drag my music into my iPhone "a la iPod." All you have to do is select the "manually manage music and video" box on the Summary Tab in iTunes. It ain't rocket surgery.

jableskg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Nope. I drag my music into my iPhone "a la iPod." All you have to do is select the "manually manage music and video" box on the Summary Tab in iTunes. It ain't rocket surgery.

Cool now its working!

Thanks!

jack77

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2009
I have the manual manage music box checked and have previously draged and dropped music to my iphone but for some reason it not longer work. Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.