Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
I enjoyed them for what they were but, as has been said, it is a bit strange that so many of these ads don't even mention using Macs anymore. There's certainly no advertising of the products going on; surely if they focused on the positives of the Mac a bit more; more comparison ads even, more people would think about switching.

Apple seem to be doing just fine with the current strategy

Mollemand

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2007
ROFL!! Now thats just funny. Period. It will even make me smile when I start my Vista laptop at work - well for a while at least.

I too have to admit that the Apple commercials has become ever more fun since I got my iMac.

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
The Bean counter is hilarious.. if you notice in the end of it PC wants to laugh, so it was probably a mistake, but they ended up using it anyways.

andreab35

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
USA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Haha.. loved both of the ads!
I always look forward to more of them.
I wonder in the future if there will be Snow Leopard against Windows 7 commercials. Lol :D

crisss1205

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2008
NYC
Fact is - the new Im A PC Ads by Microsoft .. mean .. nothing .. they are simply saying that the person using the PC .. is using a PC.

As if unity in numbers make everything ok ... a bit like saying 100,000,000,000,0000 flies cant be wrong - Eat Sh*t! :p

Also in the Microsoft ads there is nothing that says "Windows" all you hear is PC and the only thing that really refers to Windows in the entire commercial is that 2 second shot of the Windows logo at the end. Microsoft should at least mention the word "Windows" or "Vista" or even just "Microsoft".

skwoytek

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2005
I enjoyed them for what they were but, as has been said, it is a bit strange that so many of these ads don't even mention using Macs anymore. There's certainly no advertising of the products going on; surely if they focused on the positives of the Mac a bit more; more comparison ads even, more people would think about switching.

Why take the time to explain features and bore viewers when you can communicate the idea that Mac is better in a more entertaining and effective way. Apple's stores and web pages do a much better job of explaining feature benefits to an already interested customer.

I'm not sure that showing Mac features is the point of the campaign any more than dancing silhouettes showed off new iPod features. Neither of the campaigns are obscure - they are well know to be Apple commercials.

It's often more difficult to sell a feature than it is to sell an idea. The "Get a Mac" ads continue to present the idea in a very clear and clever way. You see the ad and you think Mac and many people get the idea that Apple thinks the Mac is better.

It's hard to say they're wrong with such an effective campaign.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Both were ok.. the Bean counter i thought was contradicting because apple is spending lots on advertising too with the mac vs. pc ads....

skwoytek

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2005
Both were ok.. the Bean counter i thought was contradicting because apple is spending lots on advertising too with the mac vs. pc ads....

There's a difference according to many of the respected tech pundits and media:

Apple is attempting to advertise a product they believe is better.

Microsoft is attempting to advertise away their problems.

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
Bean counter was great. I was so LOL-ing. :D

You were expecting PC to like pull one more stack of bills from the "advertising" pile to the "fix Vista" pile. But instead he pulls all the bills to the "advertising" pile! :p

Balty

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Bean counter was great. I was so LOL-ing. :D

You were expecting PC to like pull one more stack of bills from the "advertising" pile to the "fix Vista" pile. But instead he pulls all the bills to the "advertising" pile! :p

Yeah, Bean Counter is great! I love the way PC goes: "Advertising, Advertising, Advertising, Fix Vista...." It just makes me laugh.

I had to watch both of the ads twice.... they were that good.... :D

beg_ne

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2003
pretty funny but apple probably spends more money on advertising than MS does (but what do I know?). I have never seen an MS ad on TV but I've seen plenty of Mac ads.

If apple spent less $ on advertising maybe they could use the money they saved to put a DVD burner in the Mac mini...lol.

Um, do you really think Apple is spending more than $300 Million for their advertising? :confused:

stagi

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

great love the bean counter one

cerhard

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2008
I liked the Microsoft commercial where they had people test out the new Windows OS to see how great it was and then told them it was Vista. Seemed like they were trying to trick people into liking Vista.

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
Fact is - the new Im A PC Ads by Microsoft .. mean .. nothing .. they are simply saying that the person using the PC .. is using a PC.

As if unity in numbers make everything ok ... a bit like saying 100,000,000,000,0000 flies cant be wrong - Eat Sh*t! :p

Every person I have talked to that has noticed the Windows PC commercials thought they were Mac ads at first lol. So the advertising that Microsoft is doing is making people think of Macs haha, I love it!

I liked these new ads, they are dead true and hilarious. Microsoft is so pathetic. Things are going to be really hurting for Microsoft soon:

1) Windows Vista and all the Mac switchers, Windows 7 is going to be a mess too and on top of the bad taste people already have in their mouths from Vista. Even HP is supposedly making their own OS now.
2) Windows Mobile 7 not till next year with iPhone, Android, & BlackBerry all kicking its A$$.
3) Windows Live internet search with Google dominating all and no Yahoo merger.
4) X-Box and Zune still in the red and Microsoft's only products considered somewhat cool because they don't brand them as Microsoft and copied Apple's hardware and software business model.

So pathetic, Microsoft, always late to the game and just imitates. Well their money is going to run out soon and they will be hurting big time. The tables are already beginning to turn and Microsoft knows it, they are pissed and scared.

SBik2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2006
/private/var/root
these both made me LOL..
my dad gave me a funny look.. ( i have my earbuds in so he couldn't hear )
the bean counter one is good.. so i made the pc with the accountants visor as my 'tar :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.