Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b0n3z61

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
Is any harm done to the touch or the battery if I play it while it charges? Thx in advance.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Good discussion on this here, though it gets a bit technical in discussing battery calibration too.

The only thing to add to this is the fact that you get extra heat while charging, and running complex applications. Heat isn't the best for the batteries, so if you have an incase rubberized protector or otherwise, you may want to take it off while doing both.

image.php

DarkHeraldMage

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Hmm. I don't ever play games while it's charging, but I use an aux cable to listen to my iPod touch in my car, and I usually have it plugged in to charge at the same time, mainly because it keeps the display dimmed by active so I don't have to unlock every time I want to switch tracks. Hadn't thought about this.

b0n3z61

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
Thank you very much! I am in fact using the Incase rubberized protector, but I am not running any apps. I am just playing music while charging. I'll check that link out. Thanks again.

M. Poirot

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2008
Thank you very much! I am in fact using the Incase rubberized protector, but I am not running any apps. I am just playing music while charging. I'll check that link out. Thanks again.

be aware that your ipod might 'sweat' a little, and i mean little, bit more in the rubber case whilst charging and maybe a bit more whilst charging and being used at the same time. This is compared to the same when the ipod is out of a case.
Nothing to worry about, but I thought I'd let you know incase you noticed and got concerned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.