Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajdb9

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
I have deleted the app itself, the folder in my Pictures directory, the Application Support section (...p support/Adobe/Lightroom) in both my user and the HDD.
I started with over 33gigs left, now i don't even have 32.
I am very confused and if someone could give me some advice that would be great, as I am tight-ish for space and would like to keep extraneous rubbish to a minimum.
Thankyou!
:apple: out

kalex

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2007
are you trying to delete your pics too? lightroom itself is not big around 100 megs. Preview files take up space too. main space usage is from your pics

ajdb9

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
i know it's so small - thats why i was suprised. i had chosen to import iphoto library, but without copying - leaving them in thr original place.
i now have deleted lightroom so have no need for whatever it did with them. i want to keep the originals in iphoto tho obviously
thx.

SHADO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Beach
Download AppCleaner for future use in uninstalling apps, as it is annoying to manually find every file associated with that app. In this case, you have already trashed the app, so it won't help you, but in the future it will prove useful I'm sure.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
^^ I think the above means AppZapper. A completely useful and thorough tool for uninstalling apps.

SHADO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Beach
^^ I think the above means AppZapper. A completely useful and thorough tool for uninstalling apps.

AppZapper and AppCleaner do the same thing, but AppZapper hasn't been updated since 2005 :p, so AppCleaner is a more updated version of AppZapper, and I prefer new vs. old.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.