Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kristen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
I bought an ipod touch recently from a friend, and I want to change the name on the ipod itself, in the upper left corner.

I've done the change in itunes, under devices. But that doesn't change the name on the ipod. I've also restored the settings, and all it did was change it from the previous owner's name to 'ipod'.

Is there another way to change it without downloading someone's 'personalize your ipod' app?

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I am confused to what you're asking but will try my best to address the problem.

The name of your iPod will be listed under iTunes when you sync the device. You said you have changed that already. Okay... ummm
You wish to change the name on the top left of your ipod? There is no name there, if that is what you're asking.

On the top left it says iPod and you cannot change that. That is how the iPod touch is made. I'm sure if you jailbroke it you may be able to but without that you can't. I hope that helps :)

Kristen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
ipod.jpg

That's what I want to change. I just got it, and it said the previous owners name on it. It didn't say ipod until we tried resetting it.
It's not jailbroken and it doesn't seem to have any kind of application on there that allows you to change that.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Huh. My iPod has a name in iTunes but it only says 'iPod' where the one in your picture does. I wonder how the other person did that.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
ipod.jpg

That's what I want to change. I just got it, and it said the previous owners name on it. It didn't say ipod until we tried resetting it.
It's not jailbroken and it doesn't seem to have any kind of application on there that allows you to change that.

It must have been jailbroken, because that 'feature' is not available on a standard iPod touch with the official software.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
True. After re-setting it you restored it to it's original settings. If you wish to change that and get your name there, you're going to have to jailbreak it.

Olivier538

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2011
Changing Carrier Ipod Touch

Hello,

if you want to change the name of u'r ipod touch then you have to jailbreak your device you can do that with greenpois0n

then you have to search in cydia : fake operator of MakeItMine to change te name in the upper left.

goodluck

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
Hello,

if you want to change the name of u'r ipod touch then you have to jailbreak your device you can do that with greenpois0n

then you have to search in cydia : fake operator of MakeItMine to change te name in the upper left.

goodluck

Why bump a two year old thread with info that's already been posted?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.