Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chadwik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Hi guys,

I was locked out of my iPhone after the time stamp of the phone expired. I'm trying to update to beta 3 but i had a passcode on the phone and when I plugin the phone to itunes I get a message saying that it can not be connected until I put my passcode in. Frustrating thing is that I can't put my pass code in because it only allows me make an emergency call.

How can I fix this?

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
Hi guys,

I was locked out of my iPhone after the time stamp of the phone expired. I'm trying to update to beta 3 but i had a passcode on the phone and when I plugin the phone to itunes I get a message saying that it can not be connected until I put my passcode in. Frustrating thing is that I can't put my pass code in because it only allows me make an emergency call.

How can I fix this?

Contact Apple Developer Support. Unless you got the 3.0 Software off a torrent site or other that Apple's site you will be fine by contacting them or going to a Store. If you got it illegally, the too bad. You should have waited for the official release of iPhone OS 3.0 this summer.

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
I can't wait for 3.0 to come out and the flood of new apps to hit the store.

It seems like there are millions of developers of iphone apps out there, judging by the 3.0 beta participation, and I can't wait to see what they have to offer woohoo!

ppc750fx

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2008
It seems like there are millions of developers of iphone apps out there, judging by the 3.0 beta participation, and I can't wait to see what they have to offer woohoo!

Don't go by the forums... for every developer there are three "developers", the latter being 12-18 years old and lacking an iPhone-approved ADC account...

Ron21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
Put it into DFU mode, connect it to a Windows Computer and restore it back to 2.2.1. For more info check the downgrading thread.

snapper2323

macrumors member
May 8, 2009
My beta 3 expired this morning and I had the pink screen of death. Tried to connect to Itunes to update to beta 5 but got the error saying Itunes couldn't connect to my Iphone because it was locked. I followed these steps:

1.) First download the required archive http://www.sendspace.com/file/93fx93

2.) Extract the archive to the root of your hard drive, should be C:/DFU/

3.) Connect your iPhone and ignore iTunes

4.) Goto Start - run

5.) Next type in “c:/dfu/dfu iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu”

6.) Wait for iPhone to show the pink connect to itunes screen with no lock symbol

7.) Connect to Itunes and update to the new beta.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I don't get why people must rush out and d/l the latest beta even if they get that beta from "questionable" places. Invariably someone's going to mess it up and come to a forum pleading for help.

I know I'm just barking at the wind, but what's the harm in waiting till apple releases 3.0 and enjoy the new OS then instead of dealing with instability, lockups or worse a bricked phone.

I can understand the need for developers but clearly the majority of people posting here and other forums have not part of the ADC
[/rant]

You may now return your previously interrupted thread :)

haisdeaks

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2006
England
I've got the exact same problem. I'm a member of the iPhone developer program so I guess I'll have to contact them, unless anyone else has idea to fix this? Tis very weird

jarjarblinks

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2008
I've got the exact same problem. I'm a member of the iPhone developer program so I guess I'll have to contact them, unless anyone else has idea to fix this? Tis very weird

It could be as simple as the firewall of network you're connected on preventing iTunes from validating that your UDID is registered. Try on a home network rather than a public or office network that tends to have a robust firewall to prevent attacks.

haisdeaks

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2006
England
It could be as simple as the firewall of network you're connected on preventing iTunes from validating that your UDID is registered. Try on a home network rather than a public or office network that tends to have a robust firewall to prevent attacks.

I'm on my home network that's never had a problem activating previous beta's. The main issue is that I had beta 3 which has expired and iTunes refuses to acknowledge my phone unless the passcode has been entered (it must have forgotten my phone at the 8.2 update). I can't enter my passcode as I need to upgrade the firmware and I cant upgrade the firmware as I need to enter the passcode!

haisdeaks

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2006
England
SOLVED - Put the iPhone in DFU mode (hold sleep + home from off, then release sleep when apple logo appears) then restore the firmware from iTunes. Means I've lost data from my last backup, but guess I can't complain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.