Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What is the update with your 3.0 device?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kailess

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
I just posted about Notes not syncing. That was the main reason I bought 3.0.

I wonder how long it will take for Apple to respond with bug fixes?

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
I just posted about Notes not syncing. That was the main reason I bought 3.0.

I wonder how long it will take for Apple to respond with bug fixes?

I was actually just looking at your thread. This is the exact same issue I am having with syncing notes. With all these bugs, Apple will probably be releasing 3.0.1 in the next 48 hours.

Resplendent

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2008
I've had some wonky behavior with Wifi. Often when I open Safari, the Wifi icon disappears and it tells me I'm not connected. Then the icon reappears and it connects to the page I wanted. Same thing in the App Store, it'll come up with the "Not Connected" graphic then decide to connect.

Other than that it seems pretty stable.

rth231

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I'm not sure if its a bug, but when I'm playing a song, the volume adjustment slider dissapears when I unplug the headphones and appears again when I plug them back in.

EDIT: When I double click the home button fast to get the music controls to pop up, when you pull out the headphones and the volume thing dissapears "dock connector" shows up, so I'm assuming its so that the volume can be controlled by a third party accessory... Correct me if I'm wrong...

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
I have updated the original post with the resolution for the "Home", double-click problem. Please read it if you are having that problem.

iLoveMyApple

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2008
Southern California
Downloading apps from the App Store. They just say waiting...and then they dissappear all together!
Or when they dissappear, they randomly reappear and then are downloaded! Wth is going on?

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Downloading apps from the App Store. They just say waiting...and then they dissappear all together!
Or when they dissappear, they randomly reappear and then are downloaded! Wth is going on?

Apple Servers are currently down. Please ignore any error messages, problems with the App Store or iTunes Store and iTunes account problems. They were not expecting this many people to be downloading at this speed and their servers ave crashed. However, they should be back up in around 2 hours when everyone has stopped downloading and it should slowly come back to normal.

iLoveMyApple

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2008
Southern California
Apple Servers are currently down. Please ignore any error messages, problems with the App Store or iTunes Store and iTunes account problems. They were not expecting this many people to be downloading at this speed and their servers ave crashed. However, they should be back up in around 2 hours when everyone has stopped downloading and it should slowly come back to normal.

Oh, Thank you then. :eek::)
Hahaha.

habsfan321

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Everytime I wake the iPod from sleep, I have to reconnect manually to my wi-fi network even though "Ask to join networks" is on and it is one of my prefered networks where as in 2.2.1 it would always join on its own.

Perhaps this fits in with Wonky Wi-Fi but its a different issue.

Edit: I'm on a 1st Gen iPod touch...

Pgohlke

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2009
Centerville, Ohio
reading all of these problems is funny to me, you think that maybe some devs or illegal downloaders would have found them and posted them or told apple about them before the launch.

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
reading all of these problems is funny to me, you think that maybe some devs or illegal downloaders would have found them and posted them or told apple about them before the launch.

You are right. They are features that are being used all the time and yet still bugs. Well, anyway, please read the first post for an update of problems and some solutions. The Notes syncing is currently being investigated. I have it setup, but cannot find where the notes are being synced to on the hard drive.

makalei

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2008
tried to update to 3.0 problem

I tried to update to 3.0 today around 6:00 pm I got a message [We could not complete you itunes store request the network connection was reset].So I ejected my ipod touch shut down my mac book then restarted .I then opened itunes plugged in my ipod and Itunes doesn't show my ipod . what's up and what do I do now

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
Early issues seemed to be Safari related after restoring my backup because it would hang on webpages and youtube wouldn't work. Mail worked fine so I rebooted, emptied cookies cache and history in settings then Safari worked fine.

During the hangs and even after I can't seem to make Safari force quit by holding down the home button unlike V2 firmware.

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
This is the error that you get when trying to access the iTunes Store (Server Overload):

UPDATE: iTunes Store is working again. App Store is also working again.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 161

rth231

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Check the attachment... this happens on my friends iPod touch 2G after using spotlight... the letter goes away when he starts an app but comes back when he closes the app. It seems like its the first letter he types in spotlight is the one that sticks... Very strange!

PS: I noticed he has a battery % thing, and I dont on my 1G ipod touch... but his iPod was jailbroken on 2.2.1 before the upgrade and he installed the battery percentage meter. Obviously its not jailbroken again yet, but did that stay or am I missing the percentage feature?

Attachments

• IMG_0002[1].PNG
    IMG_0002[1].PNG
    130.9 KB · Views: 193

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Check the attachment... this happens on my friends iPod touch 2G after using spotlight... the letter goes away when he starts an app but comes back when he closes the app. It seems like its the first letter he types in spotlight is the one that sticks... Very strange!

PS: I noticed he has a battery % thing, and I dont on my 1G ipod touch... but his iPod was jailbroken on 2.2.1 before the upgrade and he installed the battery percentage meter. Obviously its not jailbroken again yet, but did that stay or am I missing the percentage feature?

The battery meter is not a feature as of now.

rth231

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
The battery meter is not a feature as of now.
It must have stayed from the previous jailbreak (at least I know I'm not missing a feature...) but whats with the Y key getting stuck over the apps? Clearly a bug... lol

Attachments

• IMG_0002[1].PNG
    IMG_0002[1].PNG
    130.9 KB · Views: 146
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.