Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mad101daN

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Hi

Having switched recently from Entourage to Mac mail, there is one thing that i am missing and would like some help.

I have a large inbox and normally find mail by clicking on the "From" column header, to sort the by the names of people sending me mails. Using entourage I would then press "d" on the keyboard to take me the first name begining with d.

However in Mail when I press d, it takes me to the first email in which the subject line starts with a d. How do I get it to take me to the first name begining with d ?

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Dan

jamisi9

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2009
Me too

I'm looking for the same answer. Been Googling it for a while this morning. Quite frustrating. Anyone have any ideas?

1ne

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Canada Oil Country
weird.... I just checked my mail and when I click on From then click on X, it would take me to the first X on the email. Same thing if type E, it would take me to the first E.

Are we talking about the same thing?

Mad101daN

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
I just checked, if I have nothing sorted, ie just the order the mails arrive, and I press say d it will take me to the first d that appears in either the name column or the subject one.

I would just like it to ignore the subject column.

Any ideas ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.