Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
UK
I restored my iPhone 3G this morning via iTunes, but It still seems to display the battery percentage in the status-bar!

:confused:

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Does that mean I'll lose all my contacts and stuff like that?
Contacts and stuff should be synced with your computer. So yeah, when you don't restore from a backup, you'll initially wind up with an iPhone that has no information on it. Then you setup iTunes to sync your stuff back, like you did when you first bought it. That's a more clean approach that restoring from a backup, as some of the data backed up could be fubar'd.

Is all of this just to turn off the battery %?

Mac.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
UK
Contacts and stuff should be synced with your computer. So yeah, when you don't restore from a backup, you'll initially wind up with an iPhone that has no information on it. Then you setup iTunes to sync your stuff back, like you did when you first bought it. That's a more clean approach that restoring from a backup, as some of the data backed up could be fubar'd.
Cheers matey.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Does that mean I'll lose all my contacts and stuff like that?

It seems like you want to remove any indication that you jailbreaked, correct? If not, then you can probably remove it the way the poster above said.

Otherwise, you need to restore as new. If you have synced your contacts to the appropriate program (Outlook for Windows or Address Book for Mac), then you won't lose them when you restore as new. For added protection, use Funambol or a similar program to copy your contacts. Also, copy the itunes folder, Outlook and Address Book folders, to a safe place, so you can get them back if you screw something up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.