Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sumtime19

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
I would like to take pictures of items I'm selling on ebay with my phone, how would I do this?

atluten

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2008
Take the pictures with the phone and then connect it to your computer. Your computer should recognize the phone as a camera and prompt you to select a photo program if you're using Windows or iPhoto if you're using a Mac. Cheers.

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
Another thing is to simply email it to yourself.

E-mailing photos gives you only smaller low-res copies of the image. You also have to e-mail one at a time. It is better to pull them directly from the computer.

If you have a Mac, they load right into iPhoto. Not sure if you have a Windows PC. I assume it shows up like any other Camera would...

I use my iPhone's camera much more than I ever used any Cell Phone camera, just because it is so easy to pull the images into iPhoto...

Excellerator

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2008
E-mailing photos gives you only smaller low-res copies of the image. You also have to e-mail one at a time. It is better to pull them directly from the computer.

If you have a Mac, they load right into iPhoto. Not sure if you have a Windows PC. I assume it shows up like any other Camera would....

I didn't realize that it lowered the resolution for email. I haven't used the camera much myself as its no comparison to my DSLRs.

I just checked, and yes you are correct it shows up like a standard digital camera would with a DCIM folder in Windows.

laffs1

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2009
Cannot upload photos from iPhone

When I plug my iPhone into my MacBook, it automatically syncs. However, it never uploads the photos from the camera to iPhoto. Can anyone help me do this???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.