Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbotte

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
USA
Hey are there any "journal" or "diary" Apps for the iPhone?

ginguar

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2008
London, UK
Shame that app is ugly as f***

i prefer functional over pretty.

this was bought for one purpose and now I use it for loads of things.

it has:

to do lists
account details
credit card details
logbooks
checklists
diary
notes

It backs up to a csv file on your machine so you can access the data.

it may not be pretty but I don't think it looks THAT bad.

stevearm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2007
i prefer functional over pretty.

this was bought for one purpose and now I use it for loads of things.

it has:

to do lists
account details
credit card details
logbooks
checklists
diary
notes

It backs up to a csv file on your machine so you can access the data.

it may not be pretty but I don't think it looks THAT bad.

Fine, but the OP asked for a diary-type app, moleskinery is exactly that, works well and looks slick.

TreoRenegade

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
bbotte,

About idb... FYI: I have found its two types of diaries very helpful. One, the "diary", autostamps the date per entry which, of course, is pretty much expected. The other, "Log", also stamps the time. I now keep multiple subject/client/hobby-specific journals between the two, depending on whether or not I believe the additional timestamp would be helpful for future reference.

hereticam

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2009
Raconteur for iPhone

Hey all,

I also wanted a decent journal / diary app for iPhone, and since I couldn't find what I wanted, I wrote one.

The app I came up with is called Raconteur: http://teaapps.com/raconteur. I just released it a couple days ago and I'm trying to get the word out / solicit some feedback. Let me know what it needs! Thanks.

Gorg

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2009
I couldn't find moleskinery in the app store. I did see a "noteskinery". Perhaps the company received a cease-and-desist order and had to rename their app?

Chumbake

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2009
Noteskinnery is the updated version of moleskinnery. Not sure why they changed the name. The app looks great but it takes about 8 clicks to create a new note. If you're putting it in a folder it takes like 13 clicks.

owaters

macrumors member
May 21, 2004
England, UK
Momento

Check out Momento...

days.jpg

http://www.momentoapp.com

Momento is a unique diary writing application for the iPhone and iPod touch, which provides a quick and easy way to privately record moments throughout your day. Connect with popular social web services, such as Twitter, Facebook, Flickr and Last.fm, to collect and display your online activity as part of your diary.

Hope you like ;)

edough

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2010
Is there a diary app that syncs directly with a desktop app?

I currently use MacJournal, but i cant find an iphone diary app. Is there a way to sync iDiary with MacJournal?

statisticschick

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2009
Is there any diary app that backs up to Google Docs? I really want a diary app, but I want there to be an online back-up option, preferably one that works with Google docs.

kelpi

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2008
Check out Momento...

days.jpg

http://www.momentoapp.com

Momento is a unique diary writing application for the iPhone and iPod touch, which provides a quick and easy way to privately record moments throughout your day. Connect with popular social web services, such as Twitter, Facebook, Flickr and Last.fm, to collect and display your online activity as part of your diary.

Hope you like ;)

Yep, just downloaded this gem a few days ago after reading the O'riley review. Great app but NEEDS LANDSCAPE!

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I've been using Notebook by Appigo as a diary for almost a year now. In fact I started using it as a diary last February 1. what I like most is that not only can I add information through the iPhone, but I can also add it through the Toodledo website since it syncs with the Notes component on Toodledo.

It works in landscape and portrait modes and has bolded text and bullets and timestamps. For me, it's the best diary app out there at the moment.

I tried iDiary and like a lot of the features in it. For me, Notebook wins out mainly for the sync ability with Toodledo and through Toodledo I can create and edit my diary on a regular PC or Mac as well as through the iPhone.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
I'm loving Momento. It's ability to pull posts from the various social sites, plus have free input us great. Don't miss not haing landscape as I never type that way. I'm a one handed text writer, something that's easy in portrait but impossible in landscape.

bettyfrenetti

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2010
diary apps

I use an app called Moe's Notes. It lets you record entries in audio, image/video, or text notes. I especially like the ability to add tags to my notes, which means I can track multiple projects at the same time. So I have a diary (which I tag as "personal") plus my work and creative projects that I tag separately (eg "to do," "screenplay," "family" etc. More about it here: http://www.moeskitchen.com/MoesNotes/

RRKPL

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2007
MacJournal for iPhone

MacJournal just released an iPhone app but it definitely needs a bit of work in that it only supports plain text and no image files and though I haven't had problems with sync some have. Check out their site for more details.

http://www.marinersoftware.com

Is there a diary app that syncs directly with a desktop app?

I currently use MacJournal, but i cant find an iphone diary app. Is there a way to sync iDiary with MacJournal?

dr34mc4st3r

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2009
Singapore
MacJournal just released an iPhone app but it definitely needs a bit of work in that it only supports plain text and no image files and though I haven't had problems with sync some have. Check out their site for more details.

http://www.marinersoftware.com

5 bucks for a barebones app sounds a bit high. waiting for a surely-to-come better 2.0 app. can't wait to sync with ease with the mac macjournal app :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.