Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaCohen0509

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2010
Ok i have been reading, researching for days after getting my first iMac. I have an Xbox 360 and PS3 that both need to be displayed through my iMac's screen. is there ANY way to do it. i have not really found a clear cut answer anywhere else and i'm hoping some genius here on the forums will help me solve my problem and i'm sure a lot of other people's problems.

Thanks,

CaCohen0509

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2010
i know that but is there any other way. lets just say that price isnt an issue (unless the thing cost over 300).

CaCohen0509

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2010
the only reason i have this problem is because i don't have anymore room for another monitor and i thought it would be great for the consoles to play through the display. What about the HD PVR. is there a lot of lag time, also does anybody know if it has some sort of game mode like the Elgato Hybrid 250?

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
Yes, it is possible, as discussed in this thread. This post summarises the threads findings;

The DP400 will allow dual link resolutions (such as 2560x1440) to pass though. It it will be the successor to Atlona's DP200 which is only capable of 1280x720 (720P) when connected to the 27" iMac.

2560x1440 is an important resolution as it is one of the two supported by the 27" iMac's, the other being 1280x720 (720P). It is unclear at this point whether the process of upscaling to this resolution will induce lag, we're all very much looking forward to hearing back from Atlona on this.

Which is pointless. I don't know why ppl want to play games on it. I rather play on my 56" led tv

Unfortunately, not all of us are sufficiently endowed with wealth to own 56" LED TVs. But thank you for your constructive input to the question.

CaCohen0509

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2010
Yes, it is possible, as discussed in this thread. This post summarises the threads findings.

The only problem is that were Dealing with a 21" iMac not a 27". there has to be some other way of getting an HD input without lag or any thing else

Unfortunately, not all of us are sufficiently endowed with wealth to own 56" LED TVs. But thank you for your constructive input to the question.

Thats right

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
The only problem is that were Dealing with a 21" iMac not a 27". there has to be some other way of getting an HD input without lag or any thing else

:eek: i read too quickly...

To go back on what i said above, no, it is not possible to input display signal to a 21.5" iMac in any manner which would give acceptable quality. The Elgato EyeTV Hybrid will allow input, but the quality is rubbish.

djcorrosive

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Haha I already said it's not possible :p
and I'm sure a very large majority of ppl here already have lcds r plasmas of all sizes, I just don't see the point of playing it on something so tiny

Danny123454321

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2013
Playing Xbox on a 21.5" iMac

I got the NEET Mini DisplayPort to HDMI for my iMac. I have plugged it in to the back of my iMac and turned my xbox on. but i don't know what to do next.... Is there a program I need to download or anything like that, to play my xbox on my iMac?

iCaleb

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2010
USA
Kanex said they were making a new hdmi input device.

3 years later........Nothing.

I wonder what happened?

----------

I got the NEET Mini DisplayPort to HDMI for my iMac. I have plugged it in to the back of my iMac and turned my xbox on. but i don't know what to do next.... Is there a program I need to download or anything like that, to play my xbox on my iMac?

That won't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.