Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
We can't keep this pace up all the time, I will probably be forced to do the same in the summer.

Hopefully we can pass another team in about 30 days or so, we'll see if we can pick up some steam from new folders.

yeah. maybe even before then hopefully. i'll try and keep this going as long as i can though. not sure how much longer though

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
congrats to SciFrog for 4 million points!

i also recently got 4 million points. but i think my ppd is going down. the last 2 days have been bad for me, and it's looking like it might stay that way

it took me roughly 18-19 days to go from 3 mil to 4 mil. my best yet. but 4 to 5 probably won't be any faster, but we'll see

SciFrog

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
Our PPD has dropped 20%from the peak, I lost a big unit this week...

Can't wait for Gulftown and GPU3...

SciFrog

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
Our PPD has dropped 20% from the peak, I lost a big unit this week due to a reboot, same old annoying problem...

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Our PPD has dropped 20% from the peak, I lost a big unit this week due to a reboot, same old annoying problem...

yeah i've noticed the team has been down. again, i believe the less we chat on this forum, the less members will fold. right now, if one of our top users goes down, our whole team does basically.

i think we need to be more involved on here, and more people will fold.

sorry to hear you lost a big unit. yeah gulftown and gpu3 will be great!

lordonuthin

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Originally Posted by SciFrog

I've lost 2 big units lately for the same reason, power loss & reboots and another one wasn't picked up in stats :confused:

yeah i've noticed the team has been down. again, i believe the less we chat on this forum, the less members will fold. right now, if one of our top users goes down, our whole team does basically.

i think we need to be more involved on here, and more people will fold.

sorry to hear you lost a big unit. yeah gulftown and gpu3 will be great!

It's hard to stay interested but it really doesn't take any effort to keep going. Maybe too many discover performance issues after they start and only have their main machine to fold with? Maybe as people get newer machines with multiple cores there will be fewer dropouts due to perfomance problems... which reminds me of one of my pet peeves - everyone talks about how not very many applications can take advantage of multi core machines - multiple aplications CAN take advantage of multiple cores... and thus performance is vastly improved when running many apps. my two cents - get as many cores as you can! :D

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I've lost 2 big units lately for the same reason, power loss & reboots and another one wasn't picked up in stats :confused:

It's hard to stay interested but it really doesn't take any effort to keep going. Maybe too many discover performance issues after they start and only have their main machine to fold with? Maybe as people get newer machines with multiple cores there will be fewer dropouts due to perfomance problems... which reminds me of one of my pet peeves - everyone talks about how not very many applications can take advantage of multi core machines - multiple aplications CAN take advantage of multiple cores... and thus performance is vastly improved when running many apps. my two cents - get as many cores as you can! :D

sorry you lost some units.

i think people get tired of letting their computer fold, and quit folding to be able to use it normally. that, and lack of interest around here

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
congrats to rwh202 for 3 million points!

congrats to SteveMoody for 6 million points!

and i was able to hit 5 million points recently! even though my production is down slightly, while my last power bill was up ($190). so my production might go down a lil more

SciFrog

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
Congrats for 5 mio! Our output has dropped a bit, we need to find some bigadv crunchers. Our SMP crunchers are going to take a hit up to 30% also...

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Congrats for 5 mio! Our output has dropped a bit, we need to find some bigadv crunchers. Our SMP crunchers are going to take a hit up to 30% also...

thanks! yes it has, and mine has dropped also. i'm not sure how much i'll be able to put out in the next few months either.

lordonuthin

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
My last electric bill was $299 and change! A lot of that was because its been so damned cold (and my little old house has no insulation in the walls), colder and more snow than in many years. Folding uses power but helps with the heating :p now if I could just get those gpu's to glow a little brighter red I could turn off the furnace...

And congrats to everyone for keeping up and making points!

Hey, mc68k I might catch up... soon :D

I wonder if some people have moved to other teams? Maybe they start out with us but find another team that that appeals more to them?? I've thought about jumping to Dawkins team but it would take awhile to get where I am here so I will stay, for now at least :eek:

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
My last electric bill was $299 and change! A lot of that was because its been so damned cold (and my little old house has no insulation in the walls), colder and more snow than in many years. Folding uses power but helps with the heating :p now if I could just get those gpu's to glow a little brighter red I could turn off the furnace...

And congrats to everyone for keeping up and making points!

Hey, mc68k I might catch up... soon :D

I wonder if some people have moved to other teams? Maybe they start out with us but find another team that that appeals more to them?? I've thought about jumping to Dawkins team but it would take awhile to get where I am here so I will stay, for now at least :eek:

dang, that's a big bill! but my $190 is for a 2 room apartment!

i think some people started to leave or just quit, and then so people thought why stay with this dead team, and then leave also. i'll probably stay with this group, but we'll see

SciFrog

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
On a side note, I have reached #977 overall with 6.4 mio units! I didn't think it was possible before the bigadv units...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.