Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freitas

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Ohio, USA
Got the iPad this morning and was going to pickup the apple case too as they were also in stock. I ended up grabbing the incase convertible book jacket. It is a larger folio style case that doubles as a stand. It is a great case for those who want to prop the iPhone up when laying on the couch. The case also looks like it would protect the iPad well. The case is bulky and adds to the weight. But deserves a look if your want a versatile convertible case. And the iPad can be removed when you want thin and light.

freitas

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Ohio, USA
Here are some quick iphone snapshots.

The case is really nice. You can see the ridges (three total) on the inside front cover that are used to set the angle. I have been using it for surfing and ebook reading while laying on the couch, just as I would with my macbook pro.

Again not the case for you if you want thin and light. But perfect for the couch potato that doesn't want to have to hold in hand or prop on your leg.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• photo[2].jpg
    photo[2].jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 352
  • photo[1].jpg
    photo[1].jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 458
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 371

0s and 1s

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2004
OK, USA
Ugh. It looked bulky, so I opted for the Apple case.

A closer inspection makes me think it would have been a better purchase.

freitas

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Ohio, USA
Ugh. It looked bulky, so I opted for the Apple case.

A closer inspection makes me think it would have been a better purchase.

It is bulky. But I figure I can always take it out. Also the iPad is well protected and the case is ideal for my usage patterns.

Sounds Good

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2007
Seeing this picture really makes me wish you could use a mouse with the iPad.

Not all the time, of course... but some of time.

attachment.php

TxMacAddict

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
Freitas.. can the front cover of the book jacket be folded flat behind or is it always off to the side when you hold it?

phillyred79

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
I got the incase as well.. It takes away from the sexiness of holding the iPad, but if you want protection and practicalness it works well. $50 though which I think is kinda steep... I think I want an alternative too that is a little more form fitting- they had a neoprene one there (at the apple store) that looked nice..

freitas

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Ohio, USA
I definitely prefer using the ipad while it is in this case. Frees my hands to type and make full use of two hand multitouch.

TypeZero3

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2010
Typing on the convertible book jacket?

is there a mode to type in? is it that 1st slot? I'm looking at the case wondering if i should open it do you think that you could show me a typing configuration sort of like the apple case?

phillyred79

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
I ended up taking mine back and exchanging it for the clear plastic grippy one by Belkin... The incase one was just too bulky and took away from the sexiness of holding the iPad..

ChiliBlue

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2008
Houston, TX
Oh, I wish I had gotten that one. :(

I got the purple Incase grip cover and I'm not happy with it. I love the back of the grip case (it has 'bumps' to help grip the device while holding it in landscape mode) but it attracts every piece of dog and cat hair in the house. :eek:

I'm going to continue to use it until more cases come out and hopefully find something better.

FlashHead

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2010
I'm going to try a different option that is worth a look (no affiliation with the company). This case has all the functionality of the iPad case (including an angled typing stand position), plus a hand strap when open, plus it's ecologically friendly leather. The other advantage is that it looks like an easy process to place in and take out of the case, since I will want to use it naked often, but still protect it for transport and have a stand when I want. This is the most handsome, functional case I've run across. And it's only $44.

http://www.marware.com/products/iPa...9966ed8b9605954c.e3eSc34RbhyRe34Pa38Ta3aMbN10

ubercool

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2008
Las Vegas
I ended up taking mine back and exchanging it for the clear plastic grippy one by Belkin... The incase one was just too bulky and took away from the sexiness of holding the iPad..

I also thought it was too bulky. And I wasn't crazy about the cheap cover finish, but the adjustable ridged stand is nice. :)

Don Kosak

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2010
Hilo, Hawaii
I bought this case earlier today.

The dock connector, buttons and switches are all accessible.

Also, there is a band (like the one on Moleskin Notbooks) that snaps around to securely close the book case. By accident or design, when this band is closed, it covers the power button, making it very difficult to accidently power on your iPad.

It is thicker than some other cases, but if you're planning on tossing it into a carry-on or backpack, that's a good thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.