Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
fred_garvin said:
http://www.seamlessdisplay.com/

Although it probably costs close to 10 grand.
Interesting - they apparently have taken three 1600x1200 displays, rotated them 90 degrees, and tiled them. I'd be interested in how they drive them.

I like the idea of the wrap-around - large, wide monitors are hard to see at once, esp. if flat. Might have some cool gaming advantages.

Of course, they won't connect to Mac video cards, no doubt. :(

fred_garvin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 6, 2003
The seamless technology is better though. The lines between panels is a millimeter or two. The Grandcanyon one has thick dividers, almost like putting 4 Cinema displays side by side driven by 2 video cards.

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
munkle said:
What's going on with that monitor?! Is it some sort of wierd windows/Mac hybrid with a start bar and a dock?! :eek:

It would be pretty cool to have one of those monitors - you would need a pretty big desk though! :p

you can do that on windows...you might just be thrown by the way the monitors are stet up

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
Does anyone actually know someone who owns one of those Grand Canyon monitors? I remember a story coming out about how that whole website is a sham- and that the product doesn't exist.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
I also remember there being a trojan involved in that site- MSIE users would get infected if they went there. That was quite a while ago though.

hcuar

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2004
Dallas
Not a DOCK

Sorry, hate to burst your bubble, but that not the OSX dock. That's the quick launch area for Windows XP. It' not enabled by default, but it may be turned on . It's the same quick launch from Win98/ME/2000.

As pointed out... Windows 95 as well.

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
the 30" cinemas are still a better deal... 60" ples a G5 (refurb) for the cost of their 63".

their laptops a wacked...

peace.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.