Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aloush

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
United Kingdom
Hey there guys!

So i started the MobileMe 60 day trial and it runs out on the 1st of June.
I started this trial as i knew i would be getting a Mac before it was over and well i am getting a mac within the next few days.
What i am wanting to know is how i can renew my service.
it my local trade in shop [CEX] they have some thin square boxes fully sealed saying MobileMe on them, and they are only £35 compared to £60 if i let the trial run on and take money from my bank, would this box allow me to renew my service for half the price?

Thanks

Pushkar

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
SW London, UK
I've done something similar with the Family Pack, I saw the .mac (Old Mobile Me) at CEX for that cheap as well compared to paying £59 or whatever. In the renewal bit at me.com you just enter the code and it automatically detects it in the cool apple way.

However if you do want it cheaper, for about £20 - then send me a PM, it's totally legit. Seriously. :apple:

Bungleaio

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2008
UK
I bought mine from eBay for about £40 all you need is the code, there's no need for the box etc. Just find a seller with decent feedback and you should be alright.

Aloush

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
United Kingdom
Yeah well this shop has them for £35 going to pick one up at the weekend and wait until my trial is over and renew it :)

Harmush

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2008
Liverpool
i don't know whether to renew mine this year or not. i do use the email alot and the syncing but i hardly use the idisk. i'm looking for alternatives at the moment.

i didnt think of looking on ebay and other places for a membership though. i will do that tomorrow.

TopToffee

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
Yeah well this shop has them for £35 going to pick one up at the weekend and wait until my trial is over and renew it :)

you don't even need to wait til the trial is over afaik...

just input the code, and it'll extend your membership

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.