Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tdbaws

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Denver, CO
anyone know of a place that has really good deals on mac batteries? i'm looking for the M9324G/A which is the battery for the 12inch powerbook. Is there anyone selling this item?

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Batteries can lose battery life as they age, especially if they aren't cared for properly. I'd be very hesitant to buy a battery from anywhere that wasn't a trusted retailer.

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2003
at BTI, the 15" Al PB battery's price is the same as the Apple retail store price. then why not buy Apple's battery and not a generic?

tdbaws

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Denver, CO

Chaszmyr said:
Batteries can lose battery life as they age, especially if they aren't cared for properly. I'd be very hesitant to buy a battery from anywhere that wasn't a trusted retailer.

i'm looking for an extra battery, not one to replace mine. i've only had my mac a month, lol. i'm just going to be going overseas here in a month and want a spare.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
iEric said:
at BTI, the 15" Al PB battery's price is the same as the Apple retail store price. then why not buy Apple's battery and not a generic?
Yeah, I say buy it from Apple. If BTI's batteries had the same capacity for the same price, then buy from Apple. Seriously, Apple's 12" PB batter is 50 Watt-hours or something according to it's specs page. The BTI page states their battery at the equivalent of a 48.84 Watt-hour capacity, which is less. It isn't much less (4-5 minutes of battery life), but for the same price, get it from Apple.

tdbaws

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Abstract said:
Yeah, I say buy it from Apple. If BTI's batteries had the same capacity for the same price, then buy from Apple. Seriously, Apple's 12" PB batter is 50 Watt-hours or something according to it's specs page. The BTI page states their battery at the equivalent of a 48.84 Watt-hour capacity, which is less. It isn't much less (4-5 minutes of battery life), but for the same price, get it from Apple.

o0k, thanks for the help fellas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.