Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JuicyPoloMan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Hey all,

I don't know if you can do this or not but...

At work, I have created a spreadsheet in the "Numbers" app which needs to be shared with my colleges so they can edit it and i can also see the changes they made.

I know you can share links in iWork so my colleges could edit it on there computer, But they all use iPad's and it would be much more convenient if they could update the spreadsheet so we can all see the changes straight from there iPad...

I don't know if iWork can do this? If it can't then can you think of any other ways to do this?? Dropbox Ect?? Problem is can you edit Numbers documents from Dropbox??

Hope i have made this clear enough... Its pretty confusing... but i can't find anything about it on the net.

Thanks in advance all,

Jack

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I think the sharing is limited to links, iWork is not a true collaborative application in that sense. If you use dropbox, that may work, but you run the risk of collisions of when two people are editing the same document. Dropbox handles that but by renaming one of the files.

I think the sharing of links may be your safest and/or best option.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/22/apple-redesigns-iwork/

Today Apple announced that it has redesigned its iWork suite of applications, complete with a new user interface and 64-bit compatibility. The company's Eddy Cue took to the stage to "uncover" a number of changes to the productivity apps, including an all-new design on mobile and a total re-write of the desktop versions. There's now also full file compatibility across devices and platforms, plus the ability to collaborate with others on Pages, Keynote and Numbers using iWork for iCloud. As is the case with the new iLife, iWork will be available free of charge with any new purchase of an iOS device or a Mac.

I have not used this, but this is what I found.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.