Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
The new emoji "smilies" are hideous. please bring bad the old ones!!

also please bring the up-vote and number of "likes" to the mobile site!

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located
The big grin smiley is offline.

Code:
http://cdn.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/biggrin.png
results in
biggrin.png

As for the "quality", I guess the new kids like those?

Nov 28, 2010
located
Big grin works for me. :D

arn

Now it works for me too, though it is twice the size of the one you posted, but then again, I linked to the actual graphic and you probably used the shortcut, which somehow triggers the correct response. Prepare for many "invisible" image SPAM reports.
:D

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Big grin works for me. :D

arn

arn IMO they are horribly done, very hard to distinguish between them, weak colors and not enough boldness on the mouth/eyes to distinguish them w/out me having to look closely :eek: They are too small for them to look good in their new colors.

lotzosushi

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2007
For some reason these smilies remind me of the 90's..... I feel like I'm using AIM again. :confused:

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I know that macrumors wanted then high resolution and all that good stuff but come on. The old ones were awesome. And I don't care to see high resution poop. And the new ones are poop. I feel on the desktop they are harder to see also. That may be able to be fixed by making them bigger though. And this killed my favorite emoji of all time. :eek::eek::eek: The eek one is just not the same. and the confused one needs big question marks. :confused:

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
The good thing about the new ones is that I won't use them anymore at all. Guess I'll have to learn to express my coolwinkingsarcasm differently now.

The confused one looks bitter btw. (edit: on non retina screens)

Last edited:

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
Well, they're a bit skeuomorphic with the gloss and shine but at least I can tolerate the new humble sarcastic face from Shrink

:rolleyes:

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Call me old fashioned but I prefer the old ones. They seemed to express more emotion than these new ones. :p

Astroboy907

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2012
Spaceball One
Hmm... first time I noticed (been using mobile the past couple days). I don't really mind them, a couple could stand to use more contrast between details :)D). The only one I have a problem with is this one :eek: just because you can't really tell what it is on a non retina screen :D

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Ooooops..Must be my blinking bespectacled eyesight (along with the fact that I hardly ever use smilies, and have always had difficulty working out what they mean - hence my need to rapidly reference check with the panel on the right to confirm that this cartoon face says what I think the poster means), but, but, but, I must confess, that until I tripped over this thread, I had not even noticed that they had been changed…..oh, well…...

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
Does seem a bit odd that the smilies have gone more aqua when everything else Apple is moving towards flat. They remind me of the old MSN messenger ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.