Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
I'm wondering if I'm just forgetful, or if many are like this. And TV isn't the only question this could be applied to, but I was just skimming Netflix when this questions surfaced. Often times I'll see shows I watched two to three years ago. I remembered I really, really liked them, but I can't remember the first thing that happened! I can't remember the characters, what happened, anything! I find that quite peculiar. I'm sure if I started watching again I would most definitely remember. Is anyone else like this?

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Yes, it happens to me.

I read mysteries, and enjoy TV and movie mysteries, too. It kinda bugs me when I start watching one, and I realize part way through that I know who the killer is because I've read it or seen it before.

So yes, it happens to me. I like mysteries, and sometimes I realize I've read something before, but only after I've started it.

No, you're not alone. It like comedies and mysteries, and it spoils the joke or ruins the mystery when I realize I've read it or seen it before.

It sometimes happens in forum posts, too.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Details fade with time, but I don't forget an episode completely.

I read a little while go an Agatha Christie mystery novel that I had not read in probably 30+ years. I remember the overall gist and who the culprit was, but the details of the story were completely forgotten.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Not usually, but if enough time passes, I'll forget most of a show, but there will be something that will tell me I've seen it before.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
A great many shows are utterly forgettable, which means that I consign them to the section of my memory labelled "Not Necessary To Bother Recalling." The ones I liked (Star Trek, for example) I can recall…..sometimes decades later.

However, you are asking whether I forget, shows, or not? I rarely watch shows, but I never forget a book I have read, nor a movie I have seen.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Worse one is when you watch every season over many years but can't remember how the whole thing ended.
Re watching Farscape with my daughter at the moment, and although I remember quite a lot of the episode detail, can't for the life of me remember how it ended.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.