Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tissue Paper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Someone is hacking my iPhone and I want to find a way to stop it. Is there an antivirus or anything?

Tissue Paper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
They control the device and it's based on personal stuff that I don't want to get into here. I just want to know if there's a way to stop this crap? Please.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Hacking iPhones

They control the device and it's based on personal stuff that I don't want to get into here. I just want to know if there's a way to stop this crap? Please.

Try a factory reset to see if the issue goes away. What do you mean someone is controlling the device...are apps opening by themselves or what?

Tissue Paper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
They control the device. They can turn off apps. They can change the music. They can disconnect the service. They can scroll the screen while I'm reading stuff and so on. I just want to know if there's an antivirus or anything to put on this thing cuz I'm really tired of this crap and I want a quick solution.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
They control the device. They can turn off apps. They can change the music. They can disconnect the service. They can scroll the screen while I'm reading stuff and so on. I just want to know if there's an antivirus or anything to put on this thing cuz I'm really tired of this crap and I want a quick solution.

Try restoring the phone? There is no antivirus. The only possibility is that someone has installed something on your phone. Are you jailbroken? Not sure how else it could be done other than that.

Restoring your phone will return it to it's original state, and anything that's been installed will no longer be on the phone.

Tissue Paper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
They can read my messages to other people, they can see me setting alarms and doing anything so I'm assuming there's a mirroring device that is reflecting what I'm doing somewhere else.

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010

Is your device jailbroken? None of that is normal, nor should it be possible.

Tissue Paper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
No it's not jailbroken. I don't even know how to do that. They're people that know people that I know in real life. Installing something is a possibility but I don't remember installing anything being sent to me unless it's a picture that I'm supposed to look at.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Hacking iPhones

They can read my messages to other people, they can see me setting alarms and doing anything so I'm assuming there's a mirroring device that is reflecting what I'm doing somewhere else.

Sounds like you might have a remote client on a Mac/PC that also has access to your iPhone. Do you recall installing programs like VMware, Teamviewer, etc?

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
No it's not jailbroken. I don't even know how to do that. They're people that know people that I know in real life. Installing something is a possibility but I don't remember installing anything being sent to me unless it's a picture that I'm supposed to look at.

Restore your iPhone using iTunes as a new phone and change all your account passwords.

Tissue Paper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Ann, I don't know what those are! I download a lot of apps and install them but never heard of those in particular. If there's a remote client, how do you stop it?

Mr. Brightside, I restored my phones 10 thousand times. I buy new devices- no luck.

Tissue Paper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Tried android for a day and didn't like it. I like using my iPhone and I'm happy with the apps I have as for the police, no one will believe me.

Anyway, thanks. I just find it weird there are no antiviruses for the these devices. I can't be the only one.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
Tried android for a day and didn't like it. I like using my iPhone and I'm happy with the apps I have as for the police, no one will believe me.

Anyway, thanks. I just find it weird there are no antiviruses for the these devices. I can't be the only one.
You can't just show the police your phone?

Woochifer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007

Sounds more like somebody got a hold of your Apple ID and is using your iCloud account. Change your password and turn off any iCloud syncing and Find My iPhone. Make sure that your contacts, calendars, etc. are all syncing locally and not to iCloud. Then back up your phone to iTunes, and restore your phone.

Tissue Paper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
What's there to show? If you're stalking someone and you know they're going to report you, the easiest thing to do is to turn off the distant client and that's it. Tried confiding in someone and I'm not ready to go through "it's all in your head" lectures. I'm starting to doubt my own self.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Ann, I don't know what those are! I download a lot of apps and install them but never heard of those in particular. If there's a remote client, how do you stop it?

Mr. Brightside, I restored my phones 10 thousand times. I buy new devices- no luck.

When you say you restored, what exactly did you do? Some people say they restored but aren't quite sure what that means :cool:

Tissue Paper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Tyler, Choose to make the iPhone behave like a new device and abandon all previous settings? Like I just bought it and then sync from scratch.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
What's there to show? If you're stalking someone and you know they're going to report you, the easiest thing to do is to turn off the distant client and that's it. Tried confiding in someone and I'm not ready to go through "it's all in your head" lectures. I'm starting to doubt my own self.
You've exhausted your options. Get rid of your phone.

jeremysteele

Cancelled
Jul 13, 2011
People are starting to get dickish because these threads pop up daily. Literally daily. Along with the daily "Someone is controlling my mac!" threads.

And sorry to say - but there isn't some massive iphone hacking fest going on.

Plausible options are:

- You are airplay synced to someone's machine and they are messing with you (although that involves you manually doing things).

- You installed remote control software. (which involves manually installing them)

- You are jailbroken.

And before you say: I never jailbroke it - a lot of people say that - but they actually have done it (even just as a test, or in some cases unintentionally). Happens quite often, actually. One of my good friends runs a repair shop and hears that excuse at least 2-3 times a month. Especially with in-warranty repairs.

- Nothing is actually happening and you're overreacting at normal things. This also happens a lot. Remember reading a thread (on here, maybe another forum?) a while back where someone thought they were hacked because their AT&T signal cut off for a few minutes.

- You aren't using an OEM iphone - and are using some ripoff from from an Asia sweatshop. This also happens a lot. People see some great deal online, buy it, and they are actually getting some crappy ripoff that is bugged with the nasties.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.