Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
Hello everyone. I am seeking advice. I work in an office that is kind of bunkerish so I get zero cell phone reception in the office. Not only do I not get any internet access but my battery drains quickly.

I am looking for alternate ways to access the internet on my iPhone. Obviously if my company had wifi this wouldn't be a question but they don't. There are two companies in the same building that have public guest wifi but they are locked. Also, I work on an iMac as my work computer, the brand new one.

1) My iPhone isn't jailbroken, any secret ways to login to the neighbor companies guest wifi without using a password?

2) ANy way to bridge the internet from my iMac to my iPhone?

Thanks!!

jeremysteele

Cancelled
Jul 13, 2011
Thanks!! Any risks or dangers of doing this?

If you use a strong password when you setup sharing, you'll be fine for most intents. It uses WPA2 by default, same as most wifi routers. Two things to keep in mind are:

A) Does your office have a strict device policy? If its a larger office they may have network segmentation policies in place.

B) How much wifi is around you? A bunch of networks could cause interference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.