Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GRMCKR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
I have a spreadsheet in numbers with customers information including birthdays and I was wondering if there was formula that could highlight their birthday a week or two in advance so I have time to get a birthday card mailed out to them. I don't want to have to have to scroll through the list everyday checking because I could over look one. Any help would be appreciated.

smallcoffee

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2014
North America
I have a spreadsheet in numbers with customers information including birthdays and I was wondering if there was formula that could highlight their birthday a week or two in advance so I have time to get a birthday card mailed out to them. I don't want to have to have to scroll through the list everyday checking because I could over look one. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know for sure if there's a specific function, but you may be able to create an If function and use the current date/time as the evaluation criteria. Play around with that and see if you can figure something out.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta

Not helpful for the spreadsheet but why not just use Reminders for this. Super simple to setup and will even notify you on all of your iDevices too.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
You'll need an IF statement, probably put a value in a cell next to the D.O.B.

I'd recommend some sort of contact management software, which is designed for such tasks or at the very least using the calendar app for such things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.