Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
The Veil XT is finally available for purchase on the Caudabe site.

Here are some snap shots of the case on my iPhone 6. You can check out a bit more and my review at my blog Techmusings (link below).

Attachments

• 5147823_orig.jpg
    5147823_orig.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 2,968
  • 9958769_orig.jpg
    9958769_orig.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 4,507
  • 3328123_orig.jpg
    3328123_orig.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 3,965
  • 9787038_orig.jpg
    9787038_orig.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 3,469
  • 1045951_orig.jpg
    1045951_orig.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 2,753

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Review updated. Stay tuned, more to come from Caudabe. These guys are serious about expanding their lineup offerings for the customer with lots of options to choose from.

Last edited:

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
More interested in your unlock screen. Where to get one?

What makes the case an XT?

What is that circle around your Apple logo?

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
XT means eXTra coverage so it's 360* protextion. Video review/demo will be posted this weekend from my side. They have some nice stuff in the pipeline..

I will be giving one away very soon on my facebook page facebook.com/GaulReviews check the page out and make sure to like it to be eligible for giveaways

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
The frosted effect looks cool, not sure how I feel about the circle mark on the back. I am a fan of more rugged/waterproof cases so TPU for me is a thing of the past, however it looks very nice and classy. Cases without any sort of lip on the front for screen protection make me nervous though. :eek:

Looks nice though. How much did this cost?

Last edited:

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
More interested in your unlock screen. Where to get one?

What makes the case an XT?

What is that circle around your Apple logo?

The XT was handled nicely by iHonda so I defer to his answer. The circle you see is a protective sticker I put on for when I use my Ringke Slim.

Reactions: eyeseeyou

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Got my order in - actually pretty excited about this. If it's like the Veil but with good bottom coverage and the same fit, I'll be a happy camper.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
The XT was handled nicely by iHonda so I defer to his answer. The circle you see is a protective sticker I put on for when I use my Ringke Slim.

Thanks. I had a Veil for my 5S and liked it.

I found an A8 processor wallpaper, but it's width was less than what might work on a 6 plus.

MidnightSVT

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
XT for 6+ Should Launch in the Next 2-3 Weeks

For interested 6+ owners, I emailed Caudabe support today (2/27/15) and they let me know that they will have the XT for 6+ models available in the next 2-3 weeks.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
For interested 6+ owners, I emailed Caudabe support today (2/27/15) and they let me know that they will have the XT for 6+ models available in the next 2-3 weeks.

Thanks, I was still waiting for an answer from them on this. I have some eager friends waiting on the 6+ version.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
how tightly does this fit on the phone? Is there any movement between teh phone and the case?

what is the finish of the inside of the case like? Where it touches the phone. Is it soft brushed, or a smooth hard feel?

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
how tightly does this fit on the phone? Is there any movement between teh phone and the case?

what is the finish of the inside of the case like? Where it touches the phone. Is it soft brushed, or a smooth hard feel?

There is no movement of the phone in the case. The finish is the same all around the case. I have had Veil's on iPhones 5S and 6 for months at a time with no issues.

marco.piusola

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2015
SHUMURI FREE Shipping

Just got an email from SHUMURI that they are offering free shipping on all their products on the website. Not bad since now it's cheaper than Caudate and better quality.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Just got an email from SHUMURI that they are offering free shipping on all their products on the website. Not bad since now it's cheaper than Caudate and better quality.

I'd argue that point, considering the number of problems that folks have posted on the forums with Shumuri. That's not to say there haven't been similar issues with Veil's but on average these cases are the same quality. The advantage to Caudabe, especially here in the US is that Caudabe is here and customer service is *stellar*.

dylin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2010
California

I can't really compare the two, but I am currently using a shumuri with my 6+ and its not as snug as I would like. The top right corner is just a tad loose and doesn't hug tightly. And the small portion of the case next to the power button is bowing out a bit so it's no longer flush with the phone. I will probably be purchasing the veil xt for the 6+ when it releases. I'll post pics of my case when I get home so you can see what I mean

Ringside

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I can't really compare the two, but I am currently using a shumuri with my 6+ and its not as snug as I would like. The top right corner is just a tad loose and doesn't hug tightly. And the small portion of the case next to the power button is bowing out a bit so it's no longer flush with the phone. I will probably be purchasing the veil xt for the 6+ when it releases. I'll post pics of my case when I get home so you can see what I mean

Exact same issues as you from the Shumuri that I recently received. It is for the 6, not the Plus. They are supposedly sending me a new one.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I'd argue that point, considering the number of problems that folks have posted on the forums with Shumuri. That's not to say there haven't been similar issues with Veil's but on average these cases are the same quality. The advantage to Caudabe, especially here in the US is that Caudabe is here and customer service is *stellar*.

Laughed a little when I read this! I have had 3 orders over the years from Shumuri. 2 went fine, but 1 went from China to the US (where I live) to Germany and never left Germany . . . can't get a reply from Shumuri, so looking forward to the new Caudate when I order it.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Laughed a little when I read this! I have had 3 orders over the years from Shumuri. 2 went fine, but 1 went from China to the US (where I live) to Germany and never left Germany . . . can't get a reply from Shumuri, so looking forward to the new Caudate when I order it.

Caudabe customer service is seriously responsive. It's one reason I keep coming back and a reason I stay away from the cheap eBay ones. They really stand behind their products.

Anyway, literally just got my Veil XT today - very happy. Fit is superb, cutouts are also superb. It's basically like the Veil I was using, which I was already pleased with, but even better since all of the sides are covered. I feel like the the edges don't quite come up as much as on the Veil which is nice because swiping feels a bit smoother. All in all, another happy camper.

----------

Wait - how do you know it's "better quality"? The Veil XT just came out late last week didn't it? I literally just got mine this afternoon. Lmao....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.