Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maikel7505

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2014
Spain
Caudabe customer service is seriously responsive. It's one reason I keep coming back and a reason I stay away from the cheap eBay ones. They really stand behind their products.

Anyway, literally just got my Veil XT today - very happy. Fit is superb, cutouts are also superb. It's basically like the Veil I was using, which I was already pleased with, but even better since all of the sides are covered. I feel like the the edges don't quite come up as much as on the Veil which is nice because swiping feels a bit smoother. All in all, another happy camper.

----------

Wait - how do you know it's "better quality"? The Veil XT just came out late last week didn't it? I literally just got mine this afternoon. Lmao....

Hi!
congrats for your new case. I'm just waiting for mine
One question, is the screen protected if the phone is facing down in a table? Does the case have a lip over the screen?

Thanks in advance!

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Hi!
congrats for your new case. I'm just waiting for mine
One question, is the screen protected if the phone is facing down in a table? Does the case have a lip over the screen?

Thanks in advance!

Nope. This is a super thin case, you know that right? I don't think I've ever seen a super thin with a lip. I like the way the XT feels without much of a lip.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Nope. This is a super thin case, you know that right? I don't think I've ever seen a super thin with a lip. I like the way the XT feels without much of a lip.

Correct. You'd have to move up to the next thicker set of cases like the Spigen Thinshell, Noot Ultra SlimFit, or Ringke Slim.

marco.piusola

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2015
I'd argue that point, considering the number of problems that folks have posted on the forums with Shumuri. That's not to say there haven't been similar issues with Veil's but on average these cases are the same quality. The advantage to Caudabe, especially here in the US is that Caudabe is here and customer service is *stellar*.

Honestly, the positive feedback I've read is a lot more than the negative one. I've check your webpage and Facebook page and I can't find any review of the Shumuri case, how did you compare it with the Veil if you don't own one. (Maybe you are just promoting them?? Just kidding, haha).
Anyway for my personal experience (I have both brands), I had 2 main issues with the Veil:
1. It comes with a paper packaging (looks very cheap as well), it made my case damaged during shipping ( a lot of stress marks).
2. The edges are very sharp, make the case very uncomfortable to use.

With the SHUMURI,
The only thing I didn't like is the Golden color I've ordered first, and I email their customer service and I got a replacement (Navy Blue), within 6 days. So I have to admit their Customer service is spot on.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Honestly, the positive feedback I've read is a lot more than the negative one. I've check your webpage and Facebook page and I can't find any review of the Shumuri case, how did you compare it with the Veil if you don't own one. (Maybe you are just promoting them?? Just kidding, haha).
Anyway for my personal experience (I have both brands), I had 2 main issues with the Veil:
1. It comes with a paper packaging (looks very cheap as well), it made my case damaged during shipping ( a lot of stress marks).
2. The edges are very sharp, make the case very uncomfortable to use.

With the SHUMURI,
The only thing I didn't like is the Golden color I've ordered first, and I email their customer service and I got a replacement (Navy Blue), within 6 days. So I have to admit their Customer service is spot on.

Wait, but you're the guy who claims Shumuri quality is better than the Caudabe, even though the XT just came out late last week? Hi, Shumuri! :)

Anyway, the bottom line is that these the veil XT and the shumuri are nearly identical and anyone who thinks these two are qualitatively different in any way is just deluding themselves or is affiliated with one of the two companies. And ALL of these thin cases will deform over time no matter which brand you use. I just tend to go with the Caudabe guys because their product is awesome (already over two years straight now with a Veil on my iPhone), they're based in the US and their customer service and warranty is second to none.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Wait, but you're the guy who claims Shumuri quality is better than the Caudabe, even though the XT just came out late last week? Hi, Shumuri! :)

Anyway, the bottom line is that these the veil XT and the shumuri are nearly identical and anyone who thinks these two are qualitatively different in any way is just deluding themselves or is affiliated with one of the two companies. And ALL of these thin cases will deform over time no matter which brand you use. I just tend to go with the Caudabe guys because their product is awesome (already over two years straight now with a Veil on my iPhone), they're based in the US and their customer service and warranty is second to none.

Bingo! On both points. While I don't know for a fact, I would venture a guess these cases are mass produced by one or few manufacturers with each reseller rebranding them for their own purposes.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Who ordered The Veil XT? What did you receive? Only the case?

Did you not read earlier in this thread? I got mine today and have it on my phone as we speak. Looks great, fits great. Came in a black branded Caudabe box, a bit different than the packaging I got previously. I'm sure more people will be getting theirs in the next few days.

shamashu

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2014
Did you not read earlier in this thread? I got mine today and have it on my phone as we speak. Looks great, fits great. Came in a black branded Caudabe box, a bit different than the packaging I got previously. I'm sure more people will be getting theirs in the next few days.

Is that so? You got only the case? I will be receiving other goodies. I want to know in advance what are those.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Is that so? You got only the case? I will be receiving other goodies. I want to know in advance what are those.

What is is that you are asking exactly?. If you order an XT you get an XT.

Ringside

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
So I've now tried the Caudabe XT and the Shumuri Extra. I honestly think the Caudabe is the superior product. Of course they are nearly identical in every way but there are 3 details that make the Caudabe standout for me. First are the cutouts. Caudabe's cutouts are absolutely perfect. Especially along the bottom. Everything lines up exactly. My Shumrui is a little sloppy along the bottom in comparison. The holes are a little off. Second is the texture. The Caudabe is a little rougher feeling, which I prefer. Shumuri is definitely smoother and a little slicker. And lastly is the fit. I posted on the Shumuri thread about my case being a little loose and not fitting as tight as it should. The XT fits like a glove. I know some people have gotten the Shumuri Extra that fits well and the cutouts lineup. I was not one of them. Much more impressed with the execution of the XT. Pretty much the perfect ultra slim case IMO. If you're into these type of cases, this is the one to get!

Carny13

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2014
Has anyone heard of they will be coming out with the XT in the different colours like the regular case. Looking for the fuchsia and aquamarine.

alexmarchuk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
New Jersey
Purchased one for my iPhone 6. Love it. Have a tempered glass cover too.

Not an XT but spectacular nonetheless.

Attachments

• IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 500
  • IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 848
  • IMG_0018.JPG
    IMG_0018.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 698

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Purchased one for my iPhone 6. Love it. Have a tempered glass cover too.

Not an XT but spectacular nonetheless.

Nice photos. The frost Veil on a silver 6 has been my exact combination for the past 6 months until I got my XT earlier this week. Both are beautiful. What camera are you using?

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Some more entertainment.

Kaykayo needs to grab ahold of English, because not doing so could give the wrong impression. Witness this screenshot of its pop-up offer to chat:

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-06%20at%2010.30.42%20AM.png

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
i sent the new company an email hopefully they reply back, that blue sure is nice.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Some more entertainment.

Kaykayo needs to grab ahold of English, because not doing so could give the wrong impression. Witness this screenshot of its pop-up offer to chat:

Hilarious. Now be prepared to get a response back touting how everyone in the world just loves kakayo. And all of it in painfully bad English. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.