Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

_bnkr612

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
So I picked up a 512 shuffle (for the gym) and I was wondering why Apple didn't put some sort of grooves or grip on the slider, it is not easy to turn off the machine.

It's also sad that I cannot take music from my PB after I have loaded music from my PM. I have to erase the playlist just to get a couple songs added from my PB playlist. That's a lame "anti-theft" Apple move.

Anyway around this "anti-theft"? I am also considering carving grips on the slider.

I know a thirdparty will make an adhesive grip for it soon...

Anyway, I guess the shuffle is O-K for now. It will take some getting used to, if I don't lose it in my pocket first!

Cheers.

Norouzi

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
Unfortunatly having the shuffle, and all iPod's for that matter, link with a single computer isn't Apple's deal, it's a compromise they had to make to make the RIAA happy, if you could simply transfer music from multiple computer's onto one iPod it would be a very easy way to pirate music, so to make the RIAA happy Apple had to design the iPod to link with one computer.

ijustin

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2005
the only flaw I have with mine is that the slider has gone a dirty yellowy color now instead of being nice and white :(

vieoray

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2005
ijustin said:
the only flaw I have with mine is that the slider has gone a dirty yellowy color now instead of being nice and white :(

i know someone who bought a shuffle and within a month of having it, the shuffle turned a pale brass yellow color. he reported the problem to apple (there was no strange usage going on, like exposure to some kind of elements not recommended or something like that) and they replaced his shuffle.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003

daveway00 said:
I don't see the same quality in the shuffles that i see in past ipods. Quality control is going down the gutter. :(

Geez...you have to make compromises somewhere...we all knew the shuffles were going to much less "iPod" than the previous editions.

rtdgoldfish

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2004
Nashville, TN
My Shuffle has a nice gray color to it since I read a newspaper and then touched the Shuffle before washing the ink of my hands. Anyone know of a good way to clean a Shuffle??

vieoray

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2005
rtdgoldfish said:
My Shuffle has a nice gray color to it since I read a newspaper and then touched the Shuffle before washing the ink of my hands. Anyone know of a good way to clean a Shuffle??

iKlean wipes would probably work well. a soft, damp cloth would probably work about the same.

edit: iKlear, rather. URL: http://iklear.klearscreen.com

_bnkr612

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
Norouzi said:
Unfortunatly having the shuffle, and all iPod's for that matter, link with a single computer isn't Apple's deal, it's a compromise they had to make to make the RIAA happy, if you could simply transfer music from multiple computer's onto one iPod it would be a very easy way to pirate music, so to make the RIAA happy Apple had to design the iPod to link with one computer.

I don't want to transfer songs (third party apps for that), I just want to add three songs from my PB to the shuff.

The RIAA have nothing better to do.

unfaded

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2002
Seattle, WA
_bnkr612 said:
I don't want to transfer songs (third party apps for that), I just want to add three songs from my PB to the shuff.

Yes but what if you transferred three songs from your friend's computer that you did not own?

This has been with iPods since the dawn of iPods, this is nothing new.

tamara6

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2004
Norouzi said:

I have no trouble adding songs to our 15 GB iPod from our computers. It is set up so that it doesn't sync with any of the computers. We just plug it in to whichever computer we want, it appears in iTunes, we drag our songs onto it, and that's that.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
_bnkr612 said:

So you have a different set of music on your PB than on your PM? Why, just out of curiousity? I guess you can always just copy those three songs from computer to computer, can't you? :eek:

_bnkr612

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
mkrishnan said:
So you have a different set of music on your PB than on your PM? Why, just out of curiousity? I guess you can always just copy those three songs from computer to computer, can't you? :eek:

I KNOW you cannot share music from iPods. BUT, you can add them from one another computer.

I do usually have the same playlist. With my 20GB I can take the song and drag it into my iPod from another computer. If my friend has three songs I want from his computer, I can take them with my 20GB, but if I wanted to add them to my iSf. I would have to wipe out my pre-existing music.

Understand what I am talking about? You should just be able add like the HD iPods.

Now, if I want to make it harder, I would just burn a CD (with the three songs that I want) from a friend or my PB. :)

Basically, it's an annoying flaw on the iSf.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.