Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

albinousrex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
Hello,

I'm trying to connect to a router in my house and am getting a connection timeout every time I try to connect. I have the 13 inch MBA and am only having trouble connecting to this one router. We have 2 in our house now, one of which I can connect to fine, but the other keeps saying connection timeout, even when I am in the same room as that router. We have the two routers hooked up for range.

Other computers/xbox's in our house are connecting to this particular router fine, including another mac (macbook pro). Was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I've tried adding the network manually or connecting straight through wifi, both have the same "connection timeout" results. I am running Lion 10.7.2.

Thanks for any info.

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
I have the same issue when trying to connect to my girlfriend's wi-fi. I have never found a solution. I believe the router is a D-link. What brand is yours?

albinousrex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
I'm using a Linksys router. Both of the routers are Linksys and I can connect to the one and not the other, so I doubt in my case that its an issue with the router brand. Its especially strange that other computers can connect to it. Quite frustrating.

albinousrex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
Yeah, I've rebooted both the computer and the router, have had the computer forget the network and try to reconnect and reset my pram...nothings worked. I was searching elsewhere and it seems to be a known issue. Just strange that some computers have it, some don't. I'd love a fix as soon as possible or at least acknowledgement that apple knows of it and are working on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.