Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

naxir

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2012
I'm tired of waiting for the new release. Ordering my MBP tonight with 2 day shipping =D

I ordered a new MBP from macmall a week ago. No tax in indiana and free overnight. I also got an additional 3% off (which if I recall was around $80). I chose to upgrade because I was tired of waiting and the laptop this MBP replaced was about dead and I need it for school.

edit: note that if you're looking at the base late 2011 15", the early 2011 2.2GHz is better and costs less.

Last edited:

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Buying now is a good way to go. The current models are well de-bugged and perform very well.

Remember newer isn't always better. Apples history reveals the first of the newly redesigned products are often somewhat problematic. The second release are always better. IE: the 2010 MBA, vs the 2011 which was greatly refined.

Enjoy your new Mac :)

tarponbeach

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2012
Add me to the list. Got my 13" from MacMall, and could not be happier.

Also did not want to risk being a Beta Tester if the new MBP's have issues, as did the first generation of MBP unibodies.

hemantuec

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2011
What size/ model did you guys get??? I am looking for 13' MBP.. Any good deals I should be aware of? Is it better to buy from Macmall or the Apple store?

tarponbeach

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2012
What size/ model did you guys get??? I am looking for 13' MBP.. Any good deals I should be aware of? Is it better to buy from Macmall or the Apple store?

I got the base 13" and upgraded the memory to 8 GB from Amazon. Purchased it from MacMall, but went through Appleinsider's website, which saved me an additional $60.00

I only use it for legal research and writing briefs, so the base 13" has more than enough power for my needs.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Congrats :)

I don't need one now, so I can wait. My 13" MBP is C2D is holding up fine, but I am anxious for the new model. My expectations is summer so if they release it before that, all the better. If not I didn't lose anything.

Enjoy your new machine, Sandy Bridge based laptops are fast, no question

DavoteK

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2012
Its not like your MacBook Pro will overnight stop working or not be any good if a new one came out tomorrow.

Bought a refurb 13" last week, bargain at the price I got it (well, by the extortionate prices in the UK at least).

Need it, get it.

Play the waiting game, you'll play it forever because there will always be something better coming out.

Ohrstrom

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2012
Sweden
Congrats :)

I don't need one now, so I can wait. My 13" MBP is C2D is holding up fine, but I am anxious for the new model. My expectations is summer so if they release it before that, all the better. If not I didn't lose anything.

Enjoy your new machine, Sandy Bridge based laptops are fast, no question

I sure would like to have it when diablo comes but I think Ill hang tough even if not, I mean I have already waited for a good while so should be able to wait a bit more. If I were to settle for a current Id want the high end for slightly better grapics and cpu, unfortunately there is no decent sales to make afford the high end 1. So theres good reason for me to hang tough. :)

ELA2

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2011
Enjoy your new MBP now! Because in about 30days you'll be sorry!

You mean June which is closer to two months. Apple would never release now their stock just got a boost from iPhone sales. They'll wait as long as possible now to keep the stock momentum going. Will be a perfect shot in the arm so to speak.

-MRB

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
UK
I've had mine for about a month or so now. I too was apprehensive about waiting.

If Apple had released info on the new MBP, and I knew the release date I'd probably have waited :p

Ohrstrom

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2012
Sweden
I've had mine for about a month or so now. I too was apprehensive about waiting.

If Apple had released info on the new MBP, and I knew the release date I'd probably have waited :p

Yeah the not knowing is frustrating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.