Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcmadhatter

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
Bath, UK
Hi

Is there a way to make Adobe Acrobat the default program for all pdf's instead of preview? Currently I have to go down the "Open With" and then "always use this program" route for each individual file and it's driving me crazy.

Cheers

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
mcmadhatter said:
Hi

Is there a way to make Adobe Acrobat the default program for all pdf's instead of preview? Currently I have to go down the "Open With" and then "always use this program" route for each individual file and it's driving me crazy.

Cheers
Right click on a pdf file (command click) and then go to Get Info and then under Open With choose the program of your liking and then click the Change All button

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
I wish I could have it the other way. Acrobat takes over all my pdfs and I hate that. I only want to use acrobat if I need to read or create comments on the doc. Otherwise Preview displays pdf much faster and renders them better.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
radiantmark said:
I wish I could have it the other way. Acrobat takes over all my pdfs and I hate that. I only want to use acrobat if I need to read or create comments on the doc. Otherwise Preview displays pdf much faster and renders them better.

You can.. follow the same directions, but use Preview as the default app.

mcmadhatter

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
Bath, UK
radiantmark said:

lol, each to their own :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.